Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Neck ache / dizziness

Re: Neck ache / dizziness

Hi all, i also suffer the same. dizziness at different times of the day. not spinning vertigo, but more giddiness and a feeling that you arent quite with it. I also have neck ache and tension. Just like *D* i dont realise im doing it but all of sudden i realise i have my teeth clenched and shoulders shrugged. then i let go and within 10 minutes i realise im doing it again. this leads to jaw ache, neck ache, shoulder ache... i have been suffering anxiety and am getting over the nasty thoughts and psicological side of things, but dont seem to able to get rid of the physical side of things yet. i suppose it comes with time. went back to tennis this week after 7 months out, and now i ache cos im out of shape!!! but feeling more tired helps relax. take care all.

Darcy
    I so agree with that about the breast stroke!! It is the only way I stay afloat and I had to stop swimming 'cos my neck and shoulders are so bad with arthritis. I felt dizzy and ill when I came out the pool and pain was much worse. X

Hi Everyone,

I'm so glad I found this forum, because now I don't feel soo alone. I have neck/back/shoulder pain and I have dizziness off and on. The woozy feeling scares me so much that I find myself tensing my shoulders and feeling really anxious. I dread being dizzy especially when I'm driving, I keep praying that I won't pass out. (I never have).
    I'm doing pilates to strengthen these muscles and see my physiotherapist once a week.
    I just hate the dizzy/lightheadedness... I had the lightheadedness yesterday, so today I took Ativan and it helped the anxiety and the neck tension.

All, I have been suffering with tension in my muscles (upper back and neck) for about two years. I found that a back and shoulder massage once every couple of weeks now keeps this under control... Just having the dead muscle tissues broke down seems to make all the difference.

Additionally, I have seen a chiropractor and when I have been really suffering (especially in my neck) for me it has been a locked (spasming) muscle causing the trouble. In fact as soon as the chiro releases it then any headache goes away instantly and within a few days I feel like a different person...

HTH

I have such a sore neck, at the back mainly but also the sides and front and it travels up my head. i also have back ache leg ache arm ache... do you reckon its the anxiety? because i have anxiety.
    goodluck

I am suffering from giddiness which in turn then brings on a panic attack. I have got arthritis in my neck and go very dizzy when I turn my head to the left which then makes me feel sick. Do you think it could be something serious? I was just getting over panic attacks after suffering with them for a year and now this. I feel so deflated.
    Last edited by Sarah Virginia; 11-09-09 at 12:19.

Hi Guys

Do you experience that your left arm goes numb when you have neck pain? It sometimes feels as though I lose strength in my left arm when I have neck pain. I also feel headache on the side of my head; sometimes left and other times right. My head feels sensitive to touch because of this. The dizziness is a real bummer because I struggle to concentrate at work.

Hi all,

I am experiencing what feels like a pulled muscle in my shoulder and getting some pain in the left hand side of my neck. My glands are slightly swollen bt they are usually visable, but its more when i turn my head im hearing a click ing noise, anyone else had something similar. The muscle does feel quite tight and im a very keen golfer which hasnt helped.

Snoozy24

My tension always seems to go to my shoulders and neck with lightheadedness at times. Also a whoozy feeling if I massage just below collar bone?..I expect all of the muscles are tense.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information