Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The big fat Zero

The big fat Zero

Just a quick moan. Does anyone else hate seeing how many people have read their post and passed by without offering an encouraging word? I understand the various reasons why people feel unable to respond but maybe we could loose the column which shows us how many there are!

Veronica

Re: The big fat Zero

Hi veronica,
    The first thing i do when i log in is to go through all the posts since my last visit and see which ones have had the fewest responses. I will then read them, and if i can i will offer advice or reassurance. if not i just say hello. I would hate to think that someone in need of a 'hello', 'welcome', 'hug' or advice gets pushed to the back of the queue!

I tell you one person who always offers a welcome and hello to everyone regardless as to wether she can help them or not is JODIE. So may i take this oppotunity to say 'well done Jodie, it shows you care' xx

hi Pinkpiglet

Thanks for replying! Yes I have noticed both yourself and Jodie are very welcoming to others. I feel better for getting this one off of my chest. I think I would have felt very hard done by if this post had the big zero next to it. thanks again
    Veronica

Hi Veronica,
    I think we have all at some point experience the big zero !! I do genuinely feel that people dont just pass it buy, maybe they just feel as though they cant help with that post and leave it to the people who might be able to offer help, sometimes i have sat and read very long posts, and have sympathised with there situation, but dont feel i can offer advice or help on that certain subject. Maybe start dropping a hi in there at least eh !
    Take care Sarah

I've had a few of these. I think it's because people don't always have something to say. Try not to take it personally. I used to feel like you do but not any more.

hiya

ahhh thanks pink hun

i do try to reply to threads but at times they may be one that i feel i can not help in as i know nothing about the subject,and no good advice to i think this is the same for many people .
    veronica stick with it hun there is so much help on nmp and so many nice people
    have a

jodie xx

Veronica,

Sometimes when there are lots of people posting, new threads can disappear off the first page before anyone's had a chance to respond, and you don't get many readers. I've experienced this.

Also, I guess some problems are more common than others and inevitably people tend to read posts by people with similar problems. For example, I tend not to read many threads about things like health anxiety because my problems are different, and I feel that other people will probably be able to empathise and offer advice better than I can.

If you don't get responses, just post again - it most definitely is nothing personal. People here would never ignore you deliberately.

F
    And fill it with devils and dust.
    - Bruce Springsteen

Hi Veronica

It took me ages to find the courage to post a thread on here cos I am frightened of rejection. As the others have said, it isn't personal. But it is hard to not feel that when you don't get many replies. Sometimes I put a lot into someone's thread and they appear to ignore it. I also don't often post in some threads cos I am anxious of saying the wrong thing.

Not long ago I posted something very personal and difficult. Most of the replies were mine. You answered and touched upon the very thing I guess I was looking for, confirmation that my past was unacceptable.

Hope you are okay chuck and continue to be a part of nmp .

Julia xx

Hi - I have had the big Zero. Made me feel a littel unloved but I have also read other posts and been to scared to answer ( usually in case I make things worse!).

Like Jodie I tend to just answer on areas I feel safe with. There are entire chunks of this forum I haven't even visited.

Hope you feel less lonely xxx

Don't take it personally Veronica.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information