Thread: anyone else worse at home in evenings?

anyone else worse at home in evenings?

i get panicky outside, but lately ive found that in the evenings when im starting to get tired i guess, i start to have anxious irrational thoughts.

i posted earlier about thoughts as im falling asleep, that my brain will stop working and i keep checking i can remember my name.

i have tried to get over this by basically not dwelling on it when it happens, not feeding the fear i guess.

but even as i sit here typing now i feel a bit anxious, shaky that i need to occupied and busy and not let any anxious thoughts in.

my worst time is as im falling asleep. this might be too ,much info, but nights i have some "time" with husband im better cause i have something to occupy my mind when im falling asleep....so i really need to br constantly busy to cope with it.

anyone else worse at night at home?

"If you have faith, nothing is impossible to you" (Matthew 17:20)

Smile Re: anyone else worse at home in evenings?

Laura

I used to be exactly the opposite calmed down loads as the day went along and in the evening I was fine - could sit there quite happily with my G/F and watch TV now its the reverse and I´m having a similar problem as you anxiety is a funny thing and it tends to be unpredictable - I know it must be frustrating for you to not be ´at peace´ with yourself I remember when I was well. I could just sit there and relax now I feel constantly on edge and it tires me out having to find something to distract myself with all the time. You are not alone so never give up - strangely I dont find it difficult to fall asleep - but I taking Mirtazapine before bed which helps me to sleep I guess. But I cant say I wholly recommend it as I feel like poop when I wake up and for most of the morning too.

Easier said than done I know but have faith that you will get better and you can move mountains. (listen to me I should practice what I preach)

Hope you feel better soon X

An anxiety sufferer since 29/01/2008 - never giving up even if the way forward sometimes looks like the way backwards.

Re: anyone else worse at home in evenings?

I can't really relate. When it gets closer to bed time, the calmer and happier I am. But....if the kids don't go to bed without a fight or hassle, I can get quite agitated. Thank God for sleeping pills. I drift off within the hour and sleep very soundly. Hope that you are feeling better soon.
    Blessings,
    Sheryl

Be the change you wish to see in the world.
    Ghandi

Must admit I'm better in the evenings too. Finally relax and tick another off as 'done'. It's the mornings I dread.

Hi there

I always felt fine in the morning and was much much worse in the evenings. By 9 o clock i was always panic central - googling symptoms like mad and putting myself in a right state! I put it down to tiredness and the more i watched out for it being tiredness the more I found that it was.

The good news is if it's related to tiredness as mine was at least you can think it's because you need rest - that's how I tackled mine.

Hope you feel better soon
    Claire
    X

Quote Originally Posted by Mudskipper View Post
    Must admit I'm better in the evenings too. Finally relax and tick another off as 'done'. It's the mornings I dread.

Im exactly the same

Hi, I am in total agreeance. I always feel worse in the evenings, I think it is mainly because I have spent all day fighting off anxiety that as the day goes on I am too tired to fight anymore. Also when I first started getting anxiety attacks it was always worse in the evenings so I guess I have built up a paranoia about evenings over time too. I went to a therapist for a while and he explained something interesting also, that it could be a primeval reaction to the darkness as emotions are heightened because things look different and unfamiliar when it gets dark and are bodies are responding to this by preparing us for danger, all our senses are peaked. Don't know if this is true but it has been helpful to me to put a rational reason to the feelings.
    Kate.

Thread Information