Thread: update on my hospital appointment MOLE.

update on my hospital appointment MOLE.

Well after feeling sick for days and not eating as I was so scared, got to the hospital yesterday. I thought I was going to pass out I was so so scared. dry mouth, heart felt like it was thumping out of my chest. I had to wait for ages which was a nightmare. Anyway, got in to see the plastic surgeon ( he was so kind) there was him and 2 nurses all sat round me, talk about feeling paranoid! looked at my mole which is on my face and said, Why are you worried about that? I explained irritation, itching, tingling etc and he immediately said It is a mole (my dr had told me it wasn't a mole!) BUT it is NOT the type of mole that will turn cancerous. I wasn't convinced. He checked it for me with this light thing?? (no idea what it was sorry) and he said I need to stop worrying about it now as it isn't cancerous and he is 99.9% sure it never will. He said he could understand my worry as the mole is irritated and inflamed but that I have obviously been scratching and touching it.
    He discharged me!
    Thanks to everyone especially Helen that gave me great advice and support and did help in calming me down when I was being a complete stresshead about it.
    LeeBee - hope your appointment went well too.
    xx

Re: update on my hospital appointment MOLE.

Oh, that's great news! How fantastic. What a great surgeon. You must be so relieved!
    Unfortunately I postponed my appointment for another 2 and half weeks. I had some work to do for a university assignment and it got down to either missing the appointment or risking a bad mark... I don't think that I was subconciously avoiding the appointment but I guess it's possible . I really do want to get it over with. I've made another appointment and hope to have as good a result as you! Thanks for your good wishes. I'm so pleased for you.

hiya

that is good news i am sure you are very pleased and maybe can now relax about it knowing your ok

jodie x

Firstly well done for doing so well in the hospital and secondly yay for the great news! That must be a huge weight off your mind

xx

Thread Information