Thread: I can't take it anymore .:(

I can't take it anymore .:(

Hey. I was doing alright this morning when I woke up. I thought it was going to be a good day. I thought I was doing okay.

Now all of a sudden it's at me again and I just can't take it anymore. I want it to just so away so badly. I have enough to deal with other than this. :(

It seems to have this ability for "revenge" where it goes away for a while and then comes back stronger than ever. It's not even so bad right now, it's just my toleration of it seems to have gone to zero. Adrenaline starts flowing in me and my heart starts racing.

I hate it. :'(
    Last edited by SuperInfinity; 05-10-08 at 14:09.

Re: I can't take it anymore .:(

Hi superinfinity

So sorry to hear how awful you are feeling today. You've had good days in the past by the sounds of it, which means that you WILL have them again in the future. Setbacks are a normal part of recovery, but this doesn't make the setbacks any easier to live with I know when you are in the middle of one.

I had a bad panic attack yesterday after a relatively good spell, and it really knocked me for six. But thanks to the support and advice from people here , I came out of it after a few hours and today is proving to be ok!

Try to distract yourself with music, take a bath or shower, watch some TV, talk to a friend on the phone, talk with us!

You do not have to suffer in silence. We are here for you.

* A journey of a thousand miles begins with one single footstep *

* The only constant in life, is change *

Hi there super, sorry you feel so down today. The part of your post that says you have enough of other things to deal with without the anx symptoms attacking you too, but then its probably the 'other things' stressing you out thats causing the anxiety. You're not specific in what the symptoms are today, but if you mean the swallowing problem, then as you know thats a classic symptom of anx. There is a brilliant write up on here about this 'lump in throat, swallowing and choking etc. Id recomend you read it if you havent already. Think its under the problems/issues section on the left.

Hope you feel better soon

Cathy xxx

Hiya SuperInfinity,

Same thing happened to me yesterday after 2 weeks of feeling absolutely great. Just hit me out of nowhere. It is horrible, depressing, frustrating, annoying and any other thing you can think off! I am gradually feeling better today tho.

Dazza is right, just remember you will be OK again in a day or two. I keep telling myself over and over that and that I am not sliding back down to square one.

Find a TV program or film you can really get into and enjoy, it might take your mind of it, I have been going through all the SKY+ recordings all day today!!

Keep Smiling

Hi there,
    Rooting for you here, hoping that you can get back on track...
    I am going through days like this at the moment, I have finally taken the steps to get help for it. All I know at this moment is that I have found phoning a friend (one who is sensible and good at listening) really helps to get me out of the spiral, and trying to be nice to yourself helps- set up a quiet space in your home and play a favourite piece of music, or even better sing along with it... I am trying to channel obsessive behaviours into things that benefit me, like weight training or cycling, so that I can battle the downward mood with an up-rush of endorphins...

Take it easy, you are not alone in this

Thread Information