Thread: Migraine

Unhappy Migraine

Hi,

Just thought I`d post to say that I suffered a migraine yesterday. The last one I had was in June but it was more nausea than head pain.
    My GP says it`s down to stress and hormones for which I`m taking Prozac and Norethisterone. The last one I had like this was over a year ago.
    My mum suffers around two a week so I should think myself lucky! Not sure why I`ve started getting them within the last two years though. I`m obviously more stressed than I ever used to be and I`ve got my health anxiety to thank for that!
    I did have quite a stressful day yesterday and I`ve been working a lot of overtime plus it`s two weeks before my period`s due! Someone I know from work died at the weekend and I couldn`t get them out of my head - it was cancer, which scares the crap out of me anyway! I do need to stop watching health documentaries too as the night before I watched one about a woman with a brain tumour. It`s called `Brain Doctors`, shouldn`t have watched as my mind goes into overdrive!
    Anyone relate to this?

PF xx

Re: Migraine

First of all...so sorry to hear about your mate....second of all its not a brain tumour huni...i get migraines too hun....it is just stress and maybe you need an eye test??plus i always have a migraine nearer to my period hun so take it easy and stop panicking....fishy wishy haha had to get that in...pm me if u need a chat... xxx

Re: Migraine

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Fish View Post
    Hi,

Just thought I`d post to say that I suffered a migraine yesterday. The last one I had was in June but it was more nausea than head pain.
    My GP says it`s down to stress and hormones for which I`m taking Prozac and Norethisterone. The last one I had like this was over a year ago.
    My mum suffers around two a week so I should think myself lucky! Not sure why I`ve started getting them within the last two years though. I`m obviously more stressed than I ever used to be and I`ve got my health anxiety to thank for that!
    I did have quite a stressful day yesterday and I`ve been working a lot of overtime plus it`s two weeks before my period`s due! Someone I know from work died at the weekend and I couldn`t get them out of my head - it was cancer, which scares the crap out of me anyway! I do need to stop watching health documentaries too as the night before I watched one about a woman with a brain tumour. It`s called `Brain Doctors`, shouldn`t have watched as my mind goes into overdrive!
    Anyone relate to this?

PF xx

No and I do have a brain tumour. It is best not to watch these programmes if you suffer from HA otherwise you will worry yourself silly when there is no need.

Thread Information