Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: needing help x

Unhappy needing help x

hi my name is vicky im 37 , married with 4 children . i have suffered from anxiety all my adult life and most of my childhood . i have suffered from most of the symotoms listed but what i am finding it hard to come to terms with is the headaches and off balance (bouncy feet) plus the brain zaps i have bin suffering for the last 2 years the headache is always in the same spot i have become scared to go out , hence the fact i have piled the wieght on , the only time i feel at ease is if i have a drink (sad i know) had blood tests done found anemia had 3 lots of injections then found really high cholesterol made me panic more (think im gonna die more than usual) sent to hospital had chest x-ray, told my blood pressure was high ( what did they expect im scared of hospitals,scared of bein ill , ) so i had a blood pressure monitor fitted for 24 hours took it back an have heard nothing that was nearly 3 months ago , no news good news eh ? im to scared to ring them . can anyone help me with the headache an brain zap thing no-one seems to understand me ? desperate !

Re: needing help x

hello vicky
    i am sorry you are feeling so desperate at the moment-- I to have these feelings that i am going to end up in hospital with a heart attack , i concentrate on the chest pain. and of course it goes worse. my councilor has helped me by saying , "well you felt like this yesterday and didn't have a heart attack" so that really helps me ... try and do the same and you will wake up tomorrow and still be OK -- ring for you BP monitor results though, I had that about 4 months ago and was convinced it would be a bad result. It was OK... Anyway i am sure they would have rung you if it was raised,, so be brave and ring

Hi vicky, sorry to hear you're suffering in this way. I can relate to most of what you say. If by brain zaps you mean a sort of electric buzz for a few seconds then i got this alot in my 30s funnily enough (im 55 now) and i also spent most of my 40s with a headache that would come on the left side of my head, last for about 4 days, then disappear. Docs said it was a hormone headache rather than classic migraine, as i was heading towards the menopause. Since then they have eased off almost completely i have to say, but i do suffer with ectopics, as i did when i had periods, and also when i was pregnant. You're a bit too young for the menopause, but do you take the pill? or any kind of hormone imbalance? as this could cause your headaches maybe....xxxx

hi thanks for your reply , no not on the pill , my doctors have no interest in me what so ever , just look at me like ive got 2 heads , especially when i mention the zaps and i tell them about how off balance i am xxx

Hey, welcome to our world! the docs might not believe you but plenty on here do ... xxx

all i can desribe the zaps like is sort of like a quick shock from no-where u know like when your drifting off to sleep an your body jerks its like that in my head sometimes like my brain jumps for a moment as if all my body stops for that moment i know it sounds crazy sometimes the headaches will follow sometimes the off balance sometimes a metal taste in my mouth ? x

Well i wouldnt necessarily associate the metal taste with the head zaps to be honest, as having a metallic taste is quite common in anxiety anyway. But yes the head zaps sound really familliar.

Hi Vicky

Welcome to the site I am sure you will get lots of good advice and support on here.

Take care

Carol

Hi Vicky,

Welcome to the site. Many here will understand how you have been feeling and you will get support.

Take care,

Laura

Hiya and 2 NMP
    You will gets lots of advice and support on here xx

Titchjd xxxxxxxxxxx

I am always looking outside myself for strength and confidence ,but it comes from within .It's there all the time x

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information