Thread: Now I'm Worried! Help/Advice?

Now I'm Worried! Help/Advice?

Hi, this is my first post so here goes. I'm getting a few symptoms that a worrying me a little now, I went to the docs yesterday but she was really difficult to speak with and I ended up leacing before I could go through everything. I'll give my symptoms in no particular order and I'll let you be the judge of whether or not I should worry....

Headaches (quite regular since I was about 15, I'm now 22)
    Eye Floaters (about 20 ish, all pretty transparent apart from 1, all in my right eye)
    I can see stars when I look at the sky (like when you see stars after coughing hard??)
    Every now and again I see a bright spot (tiny) but when I look directly at it disappears.
    Prolonged afterimages (ie the same type as when you look at the sun and look away, happens when i'm watching tv)
    When im relaxed, my leg/hand twitches slightley every now and again.
    I've noticed over the last 6 months my memory is poor (short term)
    light headedess and a tingling face.
    A buzzing sound when the room is silent
    and I can also see a halo around objects, people etc.

Please reply, I feel sick with worry (i have looked on google and some symptoms ryhme with MS/Brain Tumor), I'll try docs again tommorow and see a different one...... thanks

Re: Now I'm Worried! Help/Advice?

After reading your post, I would be willing to bet you are getting migraines because of seeing the halo effect with things and the headaches. That is a common sign of migraines. I also think some of your symptoms are anxiety related. I also get floaters in my left eye and were told they are nothing to worry about. Migraines are common with anxiety and panic. If you feel worried try finding another doctor who will listen to you. That is so important to find one that will listen and make you feel comfortable. I hope this helps a little. Take care and write me if I can help. PS. Do not google it will only scare you further.

Hi gtrgrl3369 thanks for replying so quickly, I've been sat up waiting for a reply (u cant sleep). I'l try the docs again in the morning and let you know.

*I can sleep (haha I cant think or type either!)

arrr i mean "I Cant Sleep" jesus what is wrong with me ; )

Quote Originally Posted by Dutton98 View Post
    Hi, this is my first post so here goes. I'm getting a few symptoms that a worrying me a little now, I went to the docs yesterday but she was really difficult to speak with and I ended up leacing before I could go through everything. I'll give my symptoms in no particular order and I'll let you be the judge of whether or not I should worry....

Headaches (quite regular since I was about 15, I'm now 22)
    Eye Floaters (about 20 ish, all pretty transparent apart from 1, all in my right eye)
    I can see stars when I look at the sky (like when you see stars after coughing hard??)
    Every now and again I see a bright spot (tiny) but when I look directly at it disappears.
    Prolonged afterimages (ie the same type as when you look at the sun and look away, happens when i'm watching tv)
    When im relaxed, my leg/hand twitches slightley every now and again.
    I've noticed over the last 6 months my memory is poor (short term)
    light headedess and a tingling face.
    A buzzing sound when the room is silent
    and I can also see a halo around objects, people etc.

Please reply, I feel sick with worry (i have looked on google and some symptoms ryhme with MS/Brain Tumor), I'll try docs again tommorow and see a different one...... thanks
    Hi there. I agree with gtr in that the headaches and vision disturbances could be a sign of migraine. Ive had floaters forever, but only notice them sometimes, and the ear noises are truly truly part of anxiety. I know it seems to be the least likely thing to be caused by anx but it is and i have this too. As for the twitches, well i get them in my eyes normally, thats to say my eyelids not eyeballs! and again...all part of anx. Sorry i couldnt offer you a serious illness to get your teeth into, but anxiety is the best we can do for you!

On a more serious note though, doesnt sound like your doc is very sympathetic...cant you change docs?

Dutton- that's a migraine and anxiety my friend. Now your next step it to have it officially diagnosed so you can get some meds for your headache (it's not a tumor----trust me you wouldn't be here right now, plus headaches are actually not a common symtom of a tumor). See your doc about that. He can also recommend something for your anxiety.

You're gonna be ok.

Quote Originally Posted by yanksforever View Post
    Dutton- that's a migraine and anxiety my friend. Now your next step it to have it officially diagnosed so you can get some meds for your headache (it's not a tumor----trust me you wouldn't be here right now, plus headaches are actually not a common symtom of a tumor). See your doc about that. He can also recommend something for your anxiety.

You're gonna be ok.

Don't worry it is not a brain tumour perhaps it is a migraine do you get a zig-zag light effect?

Forget about the brain tumour only 4300 people in the UK are diagnosed with a brain tumour each year.

Thread Information