Thread: petrified

petrified

Hi all

Dont know if anyone can help but at the moment I am at rock bottom i have been to Gp and he has prescribed prozac and now I am in a dilema as I dare not take them. I have sat for 3 days panicking about taking them and am at the point where i have split a 20mg capsule to see how it goes and I cannot take that. I have completely freaked myself out over this and have blown it all out of proportion.

I just want my life back and be able to do things that normal people do and as the GP said how are you going to do that without treatment. I have tried counselling before but as I do not have a specific problem I did not find it very useful. I am tired of the obsessive thoughts and living in my head.

I cannot seem to get going. I have been signed off from work and I thought that the rest would do me good but I just seem to have stopped you would think that about 20 people lived in my house at the moment due to the state of it.

Does anyone have any good experiences of prozac at all please.

many thanks

Nicola

Is depression your primary issue or panic ?

Meg
    www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
    Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

its a bit of both I think Meg I am always anxious over most things but I also think that I am depressed as I dont seem to enjoy things most of the time. I feel really frightened that I will develop a serious mental illness and that my life will be over. My head just feels black and stuck dont know if that makes sense.

Hi Jewel

I took prozac before, when i had post natal depression, and it helped.
    However I found that it s not helping with anxiety.

Florence.

**Don't believe everything you think .**

Different meds help different people. The only way to know is to try them. Prozac might not help you but it certainly won't hurt you..

Sarah

"Life is too important to take seriously" Corky Siegal

Hi Jewel,

I haven't taken Prozac, but my mother has for depression/anxiety, and she literally walked into the doctor's office and thanked God for whoever invented it!!!
    I am on Celexa, and like you, I was absolutely terrified about taking it. What exactly are you so scared of?? I am so happy that I took the plunge...I feel normal again, and the old Lisa is back. Its an absolute miracle! These drugs are not a cure-all, but gave me the little boost I needed to get myself back. Maybe try a low dose and work your way up if you are so worried. I also have to warn you that you may feel worse for the first week or two (I certainly did), but I promise you, it will go away and hopefully get much much better.
    I was also off work at home, and I found that this made it worse. Try to get out as much as ossible...see friends for tea if you can, or just go for walks, to the library etc.
    Let us know how you are getting on. We're all here for you for support!

xxxLisa

Hi Jewel,

I have been where you are too and I know how frightening it is.. I felt totally trapped in the negative thoughts and thought there was no way out.. I was also quite against taking anything for it.. I think I became depressed due to my ongoing anxiety and was prescribed Prozac too.. Unfortunately it didn't help my anxiety at all, so my drug was changed. However I have had friends who have taken Prozac and has gotten them out of their black hole.
    My life is now almost back to 'normal' ! and i'm doing everything I did before.. I have missed 2005 so far so have lots of making up to do but the AD's have turned my life around and made me get out there again..
    we are here to help you thru this and remindyou you are not alone with this.
    feel free to PM me if you want!
    good luck
    Lisa
    P.s. I also found that time on my own doing nothing was the worst thing to do. Try and keep doing things if you can.

I have been on Prozac and was fine on it but it is more for depression than panic.

Why not try it and give at least 3-4 weeks to see how it goes.

It is one med that has few side effects as well.

Nicola

"Nearly all happiness comes into our lives through doors we don't even remember leaving open"

Hi Jewel, im on 40mg of prozac a day. It helps me, with no side effects. I must admit, they don't do a lot for anxiety though.

<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">My head just feels black and stuck dont know if that makes sense.</td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">

I understand, what you are saying, this sounds like the depression to me

Take care

Feel free to PM me, if you want to talk.

Emma xx

Keep focused, keep positive.

Thread Information