Thread: My story of panic sydrome

My story of panic sydrome

Well, i guess i allways was a bit anxious. I had a pretty tough childwood and i had to grow up fast and take care of mysel all alone.
    I allways thought that mental problems where just a way of not dealing with the problems, untill it happened to me

All started 7 years ago when my son was born, i was still in the hospital when i had the 1st symptoms, swetting and trembling at the same time , i even thought i had a fever because of childbirth, but a nurse took my temperature and i was fine.
    As the years gone by i was getting worse, sometimes i waked up in the midle onf the night swetting and trembling and afterwards my head hacked and i felt dizzy.
    A year ago, when my son went to school for the 1st time it got really worse, with me having this symptoms all the time even during the day and when i couldnt take it anymore, when my lack of sleep started to get into my normal life, i went to a doctor and after several exams with everything normal i consulted a neurologist, wich diagnosed panic syndrome.
    Now im on medication, i fell better, even my usband notices that, but im afraid that i get addicted to the meds and im avoid taking the sos med, but the doctor told me thats ok and that i can take the sos every time i fell different.
    I guess that this is caused with the concern with my son, he's allways on my mind, im allways thinking if he's ok, if he had lunch, if he's not hurt, etc
    A few weeks ago someone told me that there are two litle "criminals" in my sons school, that they where caugth with knives. That night i had a panic attack and couldnt sleep.
    I've tryed to move him to another school but i coudnt get a place so im having trouble sleeping and it been had to get trought all of this but im hanging...
    I want to be the best mother i can, i want my son to have a good life, but sometimes the guilt of not beeing good enough takes over me and i fell depressed.
    And thats my story, sorry for a long testemony.

Re: My story of panic sydrome

Good for you for wanting to be a great parent but remember it doesnt come with a handbook. If it did we wouldnt make mistakes. Its hard when they go off to school and start to live their own little lives because you want to make sure that everything goes as planned. Most of the times it does but there are those times when you get those bad little kids in school and you have to trust someone else to make sure everything goes ok. It will. Having a child is tough and we want to protect everything they do the way we would do them and it can cause anxiety making sure he has eaten or is making friends or any other number of things. Trust that he will be ok and ask him how it went after school when he tells you everything was good that might help you with this transition. It is a hard one. Mine are now in junior high and I dread the summer when they are home and bored.LOL... It will get easier for you. Take care.

Thanks for your words.
    You're rigth, its hard to be a parent, a good parent.
    I allways ask him how was his day, what he had for lunch and if everything was ok with school during the day.
    Usually is all ok, but its hard to get trougth the day without knowing better.
    Im trying my best to get better and get rid off panic attacks.

Quote Originally Posted by tetley View Post
    hi i can understand you want to be a good parent and you sound like you are
    everyone worries about their children its only natural so try to relax a bit more
    take care
    tetley
    Im trying but its easier to say than done. But im trying.

Im a "mother hen" (dont know if you're familiar with the term), i want to keep my Chick under my wing

The thing that wories me the most is that i think that no one is good enough to take care of him, but me. Not even my husband.

On saturday i was so excited, i did my normal life and yesterday all my muscles ache. Today all my body aches. Gee...

Thread Information