Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Depersonalization: Please help

Re: Depersonalization: Please help

I've had episodes of this that lasted for months. I was in my early teens at the time and was sure I was dying...it really wasn't a great time!

Research it a bit - I found it reassuring to read some very sensible-sounding theories about how dp may well be a defence mechanism when anxiety is very high.

Re: Depersonalization: Please help

depersonalisation has got to be the worst symptom of depression the very first time i experianced this was when my children were very young i lost over 2stone in weight and i begged my doctor for help as i was sure i was loosing my mind it stayed with me for around 8months and i just came out of it,ive had it 3 ur 4 times since then and each time its been different i was just so happy to find this site as it has made me feel i am not alone,you will come out of it but it does take time id say try very hard to concentrate on something else and try not to dwell on it.i find mornings were the worst for me so as soon as u wake try and focus on something else its hard i no but it will subside honest take care x

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information