Thread: worried sick

worried sick

Just thought I would have a bit of a ramble on here, today I have a Drs appointment to discuss my blood tests results (I think they will probably fine) I am going to be honest with the Dr and tell her exactly how I feel , the anxiety the insominia the heath anxiety the dizziness etc etc, I am worried that she will put me off work and refer me to a psychiatrist (the problem being I work in the psych depart of the hospital and believe me I know everyone) I am so embarrassed and ashamed of this (I know I shouldn't be I have spent 20 years of my working life reassuring people about this) I am also worried about my job if I had a bout of illness in April and was off for three months and went back I feel that I went back to work too soon and now If I am off again I will be finished from work my husband is very unsympathetic to this and will leave me or make my life hell, he thinks I am pathetic and it is all in my mind.and I am attention seeking. I just feel so alone, ashamed and helpless, I often post on here to other people and try to stay cheerful but I just cannot do this anymore, I want to bite the bullet now and ask for some medication to give me a little kick start maybe give me the incentive to get better, I just feel at the moment I am on the brink of losing everything. I feel so pathetic

Sorry for the rant

Heather

Re: worried sick

Hiya Heather ...sorry u having a bad time hun but let me reasurre you,you are not pathetic xxxx

If you go 2 the docs he could refer you 2 a different hospital if you didnt want 2 go 2 the 1 you work at ....have you discussed this with your managers at work at all as you would be very surprised at how many people suffer like us ......you just cant tell who they are .

Its a shame your husband isnt understanding ,people that have never suffered dont understand who hard it is .

You help people everyday with their problems hun now its time 2 go and help yourself ....xxxxxxxxxx

get 2 the docs and discuss how you feel and see what can be done x

big hugs
    Titchjd xxxxxxxxx

I am always looking outside myself for strength and confidence ,but it comes from within .It's there all the time x

Thanks for that Titch

I have just got back from the Drs she was lovely all my blood tests are fine but she wants to refer me for a gynae scan, she had a good chat with me about how I was feeling and she said it was classsic, anxiety and depression she had a little quiz on her computer which stated I was nearly off the scale for anxiety and I had depression as well, she has prescribed citalopram 20mgs gave me a sick note for 2 weeks (at the end of the day a jobs only a means to an ends and she said she would provide any medical reports they cared to request) I feel a lot better at the end of the day I can get a job anywhere with my qualifications once I get better! I have phoned work and told them to be honest not bothered anymore just want to get better,'t

The dr said that I wasn't bad enough to be referrred to a psyhc so apparently I mustn't be as bad as I think so thats one worry squashed! apparently that is another manifestation of anxiety!

Also met a patient in the waiting room who I used to go to school with, she was going for some serious results and asked me what was wrong, I was honest and told her what I was going in for, and her advice was apparently she used to get bad anxiety and panic saw all kinds of psychs but eventually got a divorce and hasn'tlooked back since!

Blimey! what do you say to that!

Thanks for your reply hun much appreciated

Heather

Hi Heather, just picked up on your post and wanted to wish you well for a speedy recovery. Hopefully you will get time to relax and have time for yourself. Your doctor sounds very helpful and you are now in good hands.

I know what you mean about hubby not understanding, I had one of those, he departed after 22 yrs of marriage, I still get anx/depression, but I now have a partner who is so understanding I am sure he has got wings!!

In the end, there is only one person who can cure us, and we know that is ourselves, but thank goodness for this site and for people like you who help us get better, your contribution has helped me so much in the past.

Be kind to yourself buddy and let us know how you are doing.

Hi Heather,
    Good luck with your treatment and I wish you all the best.

It's great when you find an understanding GP!

Take care and get better soon.

Doc

hey just wanna say good luck thinking about you xxx

Thread Information