Thread: Sinus/throat

Sinus/throat

3 weeks ago the inside of my nose on left side felt very sore as did the area where your nose joins your face at bottom if you know what I mean. When I put my finger in my nose as it felt itchy as well as sore I got blood on my finger and my nose felt a bit runny but didn't need to blow it. Before this started I had been waking up every night with mouth and thraot like sahara desert it was so dry , only thing I could think of was sleeping with my mouth open which I have bad habit of doing.
    The blood went away after 2 days but the left side inside nose is still sore as is my face in that corner. Also feels like catarrh running down back of that side of nose all the time. The little bit of stuff coming out of my nose on that side has stayed very clear. The back of my mouth feels very dry all the time.
    At same time I started to find it hard to swallow food, as if back of mouth/throat was very dry and food was sticking, the drier the food more I had to wash it down with fluid. Sometimes it feels as if food is going up back of my nose which hurts and is horrible and coming back down again.
    Saw Dr today and she looked in throat and up nostrils and pressed my sunuses and said all completely normal. She says sure I don't have a sinus infection as I would not have clear discharge. She has given me some antiboiotc cream to rub up my nose in case the sore bit is bit of infection that she can't quite see. She couldn't think of reason for my difficutlry swallowing but said not to worry unless I actually choke or regurgitate food after I have swallowed it.

I of course am convinced I have sinus or throat cancer!!

She also said that alot of people have slightly runny noses and coughs and sore throats that seem to be going on for weeks on end.

Re: Sinus/throat

I had 6 months of suffering with what you describe, nobody could find what was up with me, although i have been okay for the last few weeks, the symptoms are starting again, it can't be anything major as it wouldn't come and go, but i found the more i concentrated on it the worse it seemed. however i do believe it is an allergy to something, the reason i believe that is i took antihistamine for a few weeks and it subsided, now i have been off them for two weeks its come back again. just a thought for you..............could be an allergy.

di xx

Thanks Di I was just thinking along those lines myself.

Which antihistamine did you take if you don't mind me asking???

It was the chemists own one hun, it was especially for pet allergies, as i had a feeling i was allergic to my two white westies, which i bought 6 mths ago funnily enough. strange because i have had dogs all my life and never been allergic...............but then again allergies can start at anytime.

let me know how you get on

di xx

Thread Information