Thread: Feeling Terrible

Feeling Terrible

Hi Everyone

I have been feeling really bad the last few days, constantly for the last 3-4 days i have been feeling like i have no energy whatsoever i went into town earlier and within minutes of walking my legs were aching badly!
    Im feeling lightheaded my eyes hurt sometimes and now and again get slightly blurred vision and i feel like im going to faint or collpase at any minute!
    Also i know im breathing ok but i feel like im alive but never breathing, also feel really weak and tired all the time, feel very hot all the time even though my head does not feel that hot at all!
    Last night i woke up every hour which is something that hasnt happened to me for months, and i feel like im choking all the time something which never seems to go away recently and the breathing thing doesnt either!
    I have been getting headaches quite alot and my legs seem to ache all the time and i am aching in other places as well.
    One thing i am worried about is ai had my eyebrow pierced about 3 months ago and i know they can cause blood poisioning so im worrying about that cos my piercing is hurting now and again!
    I went to the doctors the other day and they told me to drop my cipralex from 20mg to 10mg which i did on saturday could this be making me feel really bad?
    Also my partner has just gone away for 2 weeks and im on my own and feeling lonely but dont think that could be causing it!
    Last year when i first felt bad i had blood tests and urine tests, stoll samples and an ECG all were fine they gave my cipralex but never told me what i had but i take it i have anxiety and nothing bad as they wouldnt have just left it at that otherwise would they?

Am i suffering from severe anxiety right now or could i have something wrong with me? i am worrying something bad is going to happen to me which makes it worse!

Thanks.

hi andrew

I would guess that the combination of dropping your cipralex + your partner being away has sent you into a little bit of a tailspin (a temporary one!).

Think of all the times your anxiety has crept up when you least expected it. You know as well as the rest of us that this is how it works. Don't forget that emotional times are often the most difficult. Although you don't realise it, I bet your partner being away IS having an effect on you - you miss them and their support and probably don't like being alone very much. I am definitely like that and will feel worse when my wife goes away for a week in July - but I will prepare for it as best I can.

I don't think that blood poisoning could come on after 3 months, but I'm not a doctor so don't take my word for it. I just think that what you have described is familiar to me - I get achy and tired from anxiety as well, and have recently found that emotional times will definitely send me into a bit of a strong period of anxiety.

I would work on your breathing at this time - try to be aware of it and breathe deeply as much as is possible to make sure you're getting enough oxygen.

Treat yourself nicely for a couple of days - rest and do all the things you most like to do.

be well,
    Gareth

*** I think, therefore I'm anxious ***

hi Andrew,

It sounds like there are a lot of things going on right now that are making you worry and become anxious. Lowering your Cipralex dosage is probably playing a role in it as your body will be adjusting to the new dosage. Piercings can hurt sometimes even if they aren't infected, etc. I'm sure you don't have blood poisening and have nothing to worry about. Hang in there hun and am sure that you'll start to feel better soon..

Sarah

"Life is too important to take seriously" Corky Siegal

Thanks for your replies there is acouple of things that i havent mentioned!

My pulse seems weird, sometimes its really slow and weak like theres nothing there and at other times its really fast like 120 a minute is this all normal for anxiety?

And i dont understand why i feel so hot all of the time and sweaty?

Thanks.

Hi

In absence of redness, swelling or heat at the site (not general) and probably some pus you do not have an infected piercing..

I agree that aching , lightheadedness, blurred vision, choking are all common signs of anxiety and that it is a blip brought on by a combination of being alone with your thoughts and halfing your cipralex..

They come in 5 mg tablets - halfing the dose right off is a bit too much of a jump in my experience . I would have gone to 15mg first and settled on that first.

Can you go visiting or get some company round, get outside and walk a bit.

From what you've said in either post , you don't have anything bad going on ..

Meg
    www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
    Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

I'm just really scared right now that i have something bad wrong with me i know there arnt many things that can kill you instantly like heart attacks and blood clots etc but i am a healthy 23 year old who only has asthma and i've been feeling really bad the last few days!
    Today has ben my worst day for along time, i feel so sweaty and hot and my eyes keep twitching non stop which is bugging me, i am also feeling more and more faint and lightheaded and hav a funny feeling in my stomach!

Ok you need to release some adrenalin as sitting there thinking about it makes it worse.

Try running up and down the stairs or distract yourself with something that occupies your mind - clear a cupboard or drawer out, play an on-line game, do anything that keeps you occupied.

It will pass in time - it is just your mind now working overtime which brings on more panic symptoms

If you don't feel like running round then get a nice relaxing CD, get in the bath and have some chill-out time.

It will go I promise.

Nicola

"Nearly all happiness comes into our lives through doors we don't even remember leaving open"

Thread Information