Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OMG its just sunk in

OMG its just sunk in

Just got my suitcase out and gave it a clean (it smelt so badly of mothballs!). I've been feeling so positive about the holiday but now am feeling so panicky, sick and dizzy. I'm trying to embrace it, but its reminding me of how I'm going to feel on the way to the airport and I'm not sure how I will cope! Oh.my.god I've only got till next tuesday to try and sort myself out. Must. Breathe! All the what if's are going round my head, what if i'm sick, what if i need the toilet and can't get to one, what if i have to stand around for hours on end when all I want to do is cry and go to sleep! Oh.god.

Re: OMG its just sunk in

yeah and what if you do have to stand around for hours and what if you are sick, the very worse thing that'll happen is you'll have a panic attack and if you're like me you've probably had loads, you'll cope with it in the same way you always do and eventually it WILL pass and probably sooner than you imagine, then you'll be somewhere nice where you can relax and forget your worries.

if you can try take this attitute towards your trip then im sure you'll calm down and even if you cant YOU WILL STILL BE OK !!!

i really really didn't want to go ice skating earier with my gf and her girls, i worked myself right up before we left and i panicked quietly to myself all the way there, but once we were there and i got on the ice i forgot about it and was ok, sure you'll be the same on your holiday, ENJOY IT
    Every single person on your mum and dad's side
    Successfully looked after and passed on to you life.
    What are the chances of that, like?
    It comes to me once in a while
    And everywhere I tell folk it gets the best smile.

JUST CARRY ON REGARDLESS

Hahaha Thanks Robbs, your reply has really calmed me down. I havent slept very well cos the holiday has been playing on my mind. You are totally right, the worst that can happen is I am sick and have a PA, but I have had many of those and ALWAYS coped.

Glad you had a great time ice skating, you are 100 % right, it is the anticipation that is the worst thing, as soon as the "event" happens enjoyment takes over and you wonder what you were worrying about. Thank you for giving me some perspective.

glad to have helped

JUST CARRY ON REGARDLESS

Feeling wobbly again today. Keep waking up and feeling sick. Read your post again to try and rationalise a bit!

today is no different to yesterday and the day you leave for your holiday will be no different either, you maybe somewhere unfamillier but you are still you where ever you are, it makes no difference if you are at home or halfway up mount everest if you get what im trying to say.

airports are very safe places they have security, doctors/paramedics/medical staff, shops, entertainment ie: arcade games/fruit machines books/magazines (for distraction) etc so if you need anything at all you'll be able to get it .

when you're there watch all the interesting people going by, think to yourself where are they going, where have they been, make up little stories to yourself about whats happened in their lives why have they come to england why are they leaving etc.
    Last edited by Robbs; 28-10-08 at 12:54.

JUST CARRY ON REGARDLESS

thanks robbs (again!) You are right airports are safe places! I start the morning off all worried but my lunch I'm fine, then its goes in waves throughout the day! My new worry is that I i will have a panic attack on the coach (doing a coach tour of the usa) and people in the coach will think I'm a freak. But I do know (deep deep down) that it wont acutally matter if I do have PA's on the coach cos people I'm sure will be more worried about me, rather than judging me!

i dont know about you but i've never ever noticed anyone i dont know personally having a panic attack, although i bet i've been in the same room as some one having one seeing as they're so common.

dont know if your the same but when i have a PA i go into myself and im just very quiet while i try to deal with it, i've always found its only when someone's having their first ever or first few PA's that they show any significant outward signs of panic (in public anyway) so i doubt anyone would even notice,

and yep your right if they do notice im sure people would just want to help rather than think your a freak, if anyone does think your a freak it may only be one person and its only cos they dont understand and have no knowledge of PA's and its unlikely they'd voice their opinion so you'll be none the wiser anyhow, also does it really matter you dont know them, they aren't your friend and your not likely to ever see them again so who care's what they think .
    Last edited by Robbs; 28-10-08 at 14:05.

JUST CARRY ON REGARDLESS

Was just speaking to someone at work (he is a pyschiatrist actually!) about my holiday and started having the worst stomach ache and feeling really shakey! I wish I could just be able to enjoy this holiday anxiety is awful.

yeah its crap i hate it, just dont let it ruin your life, battle on and you'll have ups and downs but if you let it get to ya you'll only ever have downs.

JUST CARRY ON REGARDLESS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information