Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I Get All These

I Get All These

I get all these types of symptoms are they all anxiety related?

Feel like i cannot relax
    Feel like i am going to pass out or faint
    No energy, feeling lethargic, tired
    Sweating
    Muscle Twitching
    Trembling or Shaking
    Weak legs, arms, muscles
    Feel like i have to force myself to breath or feel like i am not breathing at all
    Heart beating hard or fast sometimes
    Fear of dying
    Dizziness or Lightheadedness
    Headaches
    Blaoting
    Craving for sugar or sweets
    Distorted, foggy or blurred vision
    Fear of impending doom
    Frequent Yawning
    Feel like i cannot swallow
    Feel like im going to collapse and hit the floor
    Feel funny in the head like theres a cloud in my head
    Weak, fast and slow pulse rate
    Walking round the room alot cannot sit down

yep, they are common symptoms of anxiety. Try and not worry. I know it's hard. have you looked at the symptoms list on this site. It covers most of the ones you speak of.

Jules

The only one I HAVEN't had is ...

Nicola

"Nearly all happiness comes into our lives through doors we don't even remember leaving open"

The thing is im getting nearly all these symptoms right now and have been constantly all day every day for the past 4-5 days i didnt think anxiety cause it 24/7

andrew,

I get the following from your list pretty much 24/7

Feel like i cannot relax
    Feel like i am going to pass out or faint
    No energy, feeling lethargic, tired
    Weak legs, arms, muscles
    Fear of dying
    Dizziness or Lightheadedness
    Headaches
    Distorted, foggy or blurred vision
    Fear of impending doom
    Frequent Yawning
    Feel funny in the head like theres a cloud in my head
    Walking round the room alot cannot sit down

Plus I have some others not listed.

They are all symptoms of anxiety. I have a LOT of trouble with the head-based symptoms - they feel so strong that I convince myself that there is something very wrong with my brain. I am trying to get past these fears right now.

It is so hard, I know, but that is why we're all here, to reassure each other.

Can I ask - what work are you doing on yourself right now? I have just started my own personalised "recovery programme" using a book called the Anxiety and Phobia workbook by Edmund Bourne. I have realised that docs / therapists / loved one / people on this board cannot help me, only I can help myself. If the techniques in the book don't work then so be it, but at least it provides a TOTAL recovery programme tailored to your specific problems.

Maybe worth a look for yourself? PM me if you'd like.

Gareth

*** I think, therefore I'm anxious ***

hi andrew,
    like nic, the only one i haven't experienced out of that list is the craving for sugar and sweets. have you cut out really sugary food and caffeine? both of those are stimulants and will make you feel even more jittery.
    henri

When I was at my worst I felt that dreadful all day every day and hardly slept cos I felt bad at night too.

Unfortunately they won't just go away without some help from you - relaxation, breathing exercises, chill-out time, massage and even just getting up and going for a fast walk or a gentle swim.

Be kind to your body and it will respond quite amazingly.

Nicola

"Nearly all happiness comes into our lives through doors we don't even remember leaving open"

Well i have made afew changes recently, i no longer drink normal tea i now drink decaff tea and i do drink litres of water aday even though this doesnt seem to help at all!

I have cut down on chocolate but i do have 2 sugars with m tea and i drink quite alot of tea!

I do go for walks for about 20-30 minutes aday but do i have to do more physical excercise for it to have an effect on my anxiety?

What things can i do to make me chill out as icant relax does rescue remedy help as i've heard of it and what other things can i do to take the edge of it?

Thanks for your time.

Hi,

Everything I have read says that relaxation is an accumulative thing. That is, you need to institute a "daily practice" of things, and then over time you will gradually feel better.

unfortunately nothing will now "snap you out" of your anxious state. That is what I am coming to terms with. Nothing will simply change overnight. I am faced with being like this forever unless I make the decision to do something about - and that is committing to a daily practice of work to lower my stress levels.

the book i mentioned, the anxiety and phobia workbook by edmund bourne explains all of this. I intend to make a promise to myself to follow it to the letter. What else is there? 3 months of this with no let up,,, surely means its not just going to go away.

the two biggest things he advocates is 30-45 mins of aerobic exercise, 5 times a week, plus 30 mins of deep breathing/relaxation techniques, 7 times a week.

Gareth

*** I think, therefore I'm anxious ***

Gareth - that is true. You can't do a relaxation CD one day and then expect to be cured. I used to work close to my home so I drove home every lunchtime and did a 30 minute relaxation CD then again in the evenings.

I also did exercise and when I started exercise and a diet it was a BIG turning point for me with regard to the panic/anxiety.

Keeping the mind busy helps as well Andrew - when we sit and think about the anxiety etc it gets worse. If I get panicky now when at home I run around and do things - tidy up etc. Keeps the mind occupied.

If you can afford it then a massage is very relaxing and will completely chill you out.

Nicola

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information