Thread: Headaches

Headaches

I've been having some pretty bad headaches. Not like migrane type but I guess more tension headache like. I believe they're stress induced since I had finals the last two weeks and have not been getting a lot of sleep. What I would really like to know is besides using over the counter medications, what type of things do you do to allievate these headaches.

Thanks,

Congrats on doing your finals. Hope you get the results you need and want.
    No wonder you have headaches.
    Going for a massage might help. Or if you need to be at home burn geriuim oil in a burner. Only a few drops though. Lie on the bed or settee and relax whilst this is burning.

Have a nice relaxing bath with lavender oil. Have candles burning all around. Take the phone off the hook and turn your mobile off
    Hope this helps

with good wishes

Zena

Hi Bananarbabe

I get headaches almost every day, it's mainly worse when I am tired, after a day at work.
    Apart from medication, a good massage at the base of the skull (neck) can help it.
    Take care.
    Florence.

**Don't believe everything you think .**

Have a nice bath, use rescue remedy and try to relax and do things you enjoy..

"Life is too important to take seriously" Corky Siegal

I've been having a lot of headaches recently too. A few weeks ago I had what I described as a 'vice grip' headache, obviously the classic tension 'headband' headache. This was accompanied by pain.ache in the back of my neck, base of my skull, shoulders and jaw.

I was quite worried that I had something wrong with my brain, but then I rationalised it - a 'brain' headache wouldn't cause muscle pain in the jaw, neck and shoulders. The headache dissapated a few days later. Its a vicious cycle!

I'll ask this here instead of creating a whole new thread...

I had terrible headaches for atleast a week. Then they subsided over the last two weeks to pretty much nothing. Maybe one mild one a day for 10 minutes or so.

My headaches were (slightly/moderatley) worse when lying down. What's the reason for this? Blood flow? Neck position? Brain tumor?

Thread Information