Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Scared Of Brain Tumor

Unhappy Scared Of Brain Tumor

This whole thing started about two months ago . I noticed i had a mild headache which lasted couple of mins and went away I didnt think much of it as the pain was minimal so i forgot about it. but then i started getting these headaches almost every day and i began panicking. i was panicked even when i didnt have this head pain and when i was at work i had a panic attack. I was feeling dizzy and was sick becuase i was so scared. so i went to the doctor and they told me it was stress, that it would go away. but it didnt. Then i started getting this awful preassure around my eyes and temples, occasionaly with pain. Then this week the pain in my head got a little worse, but i think that might be becuase i hadnt slept. I went to the doctor again and she gave me propranolol. But im still getting these heachaches now and again. This is really ruining my life and i am so scared i barely sleep. I made the mistake of googling my headaches as well. I just dont know what to do anymore.
    Any advice? Bty i am only 16 :(

Re: Scared Of Brain Tumor

aw hun, you must be so worried. I agree with tetley, could you go back to GP & tell them how you are feeling? have you spoke to your parents or gaurdian about how you are feeling? xxxx

Thanks for your advice =)
    I have a return appointment with my GP on monday after a week on propranolol for migranes and anxiety. My parents are all to aware of these problems and i think are beggining to tire of my constant worrying. I just want to know theres nothing seriously wrong, so im hoping my GP will refer me to a neurologist. But i dont think shes taking me seriously, she thinks there just migranes and stress. But saying that dosent make them go away. I also have started experincing eye pain, and slightly blurred vision. Also severe ear pain, all on the right side.
    This is awful i hate being like this.

Charli

Hi sweetheart. This temple/ear pain/eye pain is from clenching your jaw& gritting your teeth with the anxiety. If you do it a lot it causes soreness of the temples. I get it loads & its sore.
    It sounds like TMj/stress hun. I too was scared of brain tumors well in fact anything head, aneurysm/hemorrhage you name it. However hun you have to learn to deal with your anxiety & move on as it will only make you worse.

Nic xx

Hi
    So i went to the doctor and i told her straight what i was afraid of and she said it probably isnt a tumor. But she refferd me to a neurologist, not urgently, just a normal referal. What will happen when i go to them , what will they do?
    thanks
    x

Quote Originally Posted by Charli_sqiggle View Post
    Hi
    So i went to the doctor and i told her straight what i was afraid of and she said it probably isnt a tumor. But she refferd me to a neurologist, not urgently, just a normal referal. What will happen when i go to them , what will they do?
    thanks
    x

See my pm

hey i had the EXACT same thing as you, im 19.

went to neurologist after months of doctors and panic, he did a load of reaction tests and eye tests, zero problems, its all due to anxiety and the fact im stressed all the time. he also said that if it was a tumor you would definitely know about it. the symptoms wouldnt just randomly turn themselves on and off, doesnt work like that. so relax.

Ohh ok then so it wont be like an MRI scan straight away. I got really bad head pain today for like a couple of mins, was awful and s sharp pain in my eye and its has gone a bit blurry. Its uncomftable but i didnt panic like i usually do. Doctor didnt seem worried so im not worried
    My appointment is ageeees away though!
    ah weell
    thanks for all the help you guys have been soo nice!

Hi
    I had the same thing last year. I slipped getting in the shower and then had a funny turn at work and was taken to hospital. I had damaged the nerves in my neck but one doctor mentioned brain tumour and I then spent weeks stressing about it. I had panic attacks and was depressed, the doctor was fantastic.
    It cleared up about 90% but then 3 weeks ago I had a car crash and its all back and worse.
    This forum is great because if you are like me I thought I was the only one in the world having these symptoms and knowing that there are people you can talk to helps.
    Pratice slow breathing and relaxing. I found if I lost sleep the panic attacks were alot worse. I could not swallow and chewed my tongue.
    I use a heat pad to snuggle into which I find really nice and calming.
    Take care and

Thanks kitty, i know what you mean about feeling like the only one, this place is great for making me not feel so alone with this!
    Had a bad day, got awful head pain and eye pain but only lasted for about 10 mins! was awful though felt like my brain was throbbing! i nearly cried.
    Have to put up with it though for 6 weeks till i see a neuro :(
    Ah well

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information