Thread: seratonin supplement

seratonin supplement

hi all
    is anyone out there taking a seratonin supplement?
    does it work?
    i take citalopram (was 10mg, been upped to 20 today) for anxiety, 10 was working but seemed to take a step back recently.
    but if its all linked to seratonin levels in the brain, why doesnt everyone just take a supplement, sorry if this is rationalizing a lot & other people suffer other things, but does any one have any knowledge/thoughts on the supplement issue?

regards

Re: seratonin supplement

hi
    oh never thought of that..is there such a thing? i have found that im alwasy bette rin the summer, when the sun is high shiny bright i dont feel so scared out and about,m in fact im desperate to get out there..ive heard sunshine affects vit D (?) and that is also related x

"If you have faith, nothing is impossible to you" (Matthew 17:20)

Hi rik, i believe theres a supplement called htp5 that does help in the same way. Ive had no experience of it myself, but have read other members account of it and they say its pretty good stuff. Im sure you'll get lots of advice about other things you can take too.

Best wishes
    Cathy

hi, thanks for replys,
    it just seems a little too easy, with the citalopram i get quite bad side effects(increased anx, sleep & appetite issues) but i googled 'seratonin supplement' and you can buy this stuff from Holland & barratt (htp5 as you mentioned), maybe i'll pay them a visit.

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rickb View Post
    hi, thanks for replys,
    it just seems a little too easy, with the citalopram i get quite bad side effects(increased anx, sleep & appetite issues) but i googled 'seratonin supplement' and you can buy this stuff from Holland & barratt (htp5 as you mentioned), maybe i'll pay them a visit.

thanks
    WOW I'd never heard of it, thanks so much I'll go look into it. I have terrible hellish symptoms with cital and all SSRI's too.

This site is just great

hey natural mystic,
    does seem too easy, but keep me posted on your progress/findings. just wish i'd found that out before i went to the docs & could have quizzed him.

good luck

It does doesn't it but I am all for trying herbal remedies, I can't stand drugs and what they do to you.

http://www.healthandnutrition.co.uk/...depression.htm

The above site that you put up is very good, I've had a good peruse. Interesting stuff

5-HTP K-5-Hydroxytryptophan - people do say it's good. I tried it and might as well have taken a smartie. Everyone is different though. One thing you must never ever take this supplement together with your anti depressant.

Good luck.

Thread Information