Thread: jelly legs!

jelly legs!

when im walking down the road or something with some one of course. my legs kinda go numb and i actually bend my toes till they hurt so i know that i havent actually lost feeling in my legs although i know that if i had then i wouldnt be able to walk! (does this make sense?) and i my legs go all tired and i feel that they are not strong enough to hold my weight although im 5ft2 and weigh 8st13, any one have the same feeling?

dmcgovern

I've had this many times Denise in the past when feeling nervous. I think it's quite common. Your legs won't give way so don't worry..

"Life is too important to take seriously" Corky Siegal

Yeah I had jelly legs quite often... feels like they can't hold you...but the truth is , it's just a feeling and there's nothing to worry about.
    It is one of the most common symptoms of anxiety.
    Take care.
    Florence.

**Don't believe everything you think .**

thanx seh, im such a worrier! i ask questions about everything trying to put my mind at rest lol. people thinkl im just like a child always asking questions lol. but you have put my mind at rest. whenever i say to a "normal person" oh god i feel like this they just go aye! and look at me strange. which then makes me feel worse. but you have reasured me and thats good enough for me![8D]

dmcgovern

Hello Denise,
    In the early days of panic/anxiety, I suffered regulary with this jelly-legs feeling. I got off the bus once and I have no idea how I managed to walk home as it felt like my bones had turned to rubber! I later found out that the cause was probably over-breathing as it changes the oxygen levels going to your muscles. In fact, you are actually being primed to run! so the last thing you are going to do is fall over! Concentrate on relaxing your breathing and also relaxing your body and you should find that the feeling will pass. Above all try not to panic - just remind yourself its just another symptom and it will pass - it always does.
    All the best,
    Amanda x

a hill

Thread Information