Hi i'm new on here but have already felt a bit better about myself just by reading some other posts. I will have to keep this short as due to my mad head movements i am only typing with one hand and it takes ages!

I have suffered anxiety/ panic attacks since my first panic attack when i was 12 (I'm now 37). I got more and more anxious, dealt with this socially using alcohol, until I started getting panic attacks again when i was 26. I had weeks off work, took antidepressants and betablockers and gradually got better. I had 2 children, stopped drinking and tried natural methods to control my anxiety if i felt it coming back. I exercised, had cognitive therapy (this helped a few years back) stopped caffeine and ate very healthily. However about a year ago I noticed my head started making involuntary movements and i started finding it hard to do certain things without my head moving. (texting, typing, peeling potatoes). This has gradually got worse and I started worrying thinking I had parkinsons or Huntingdon's disease. I confided in my partner who said I must go to the doctor's.

I plucked up the courage (I felt so foolish and ashamed of myself) and tried to explain to the doctor about my head. He prescribed prop (as i have also been feeling very panicky again). The panicky feelings went away but the head movements were the same. The final straw came when I was having a meal with family and friends and I could not even see or cut my food up because of my head movements, everything was a blur. I went back to the doc's and told him and he prescribed citalopram.

The first night i took it felt like the worst panic attack ever, I just wanted it out of my body, however the doctor said it would get worse first so i carried on. i've now been on it for a week and my head movements have never been so bad. Even making a cup of tea is hard and my head jerks about when I try and stir it. When i'm out walking it keeps jerking to the left and upwards. My partner says I should stop taking the citalopram but I think i should carry on, however I have a meal on sat night with lots of new people and there is no way I can go like this!

What should I do? I have another doc's appt on friday but don't know if I can wait. Any advice would be so welcomed x