Thread: I need a little reassurance please...

I need a little reassurance please...

Hello,

Over the last few days my anxiety has been playign up and this has lead to me having indigestion/trapped wind etc

Yesterday I had about 6 or 7 Bisodol tablets to help shift it and it seemed to have worked.
    However, this morning I went the loo and the stool was black sorry if tmi
    I have googled it and my mind is now convincing me that I have internal bleeding!

Alot of the symptons though match my anxiety ones and I could sit and cry.
    Husband says that taking Indigestion remedies does give you black stools but this is mostly with Pepto Bismol! Not Bisodol which is what I took!

I just need some reassurance please

xxx

Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

Re: I need a little reassurance please...

Call the pharmacist but if you have only had black stools since you ate those tablets then it's probably the cause, why don't you read the leaflet in the pack?

I wouldn't worry too much just give your Dr a bell on the phone. he will reasure you properly as none of use here can give medical advice.

xx x

Thank you

I think I will call my gp in the morning. I hate the way that I can whip myself into a frenzy so fast.

I am so scared right now, am worried that I have an ulcer or cirisis sp* of the liver etc

Vikki
    x

Vicki - try not to worry. My son when he was 3 once ate a green icing dinosaur off his birthday cake and his stools the next day were bright green! I nearly had a heart attack and was worried sick he had a bowel infection until i remembered the icing. Beetroot can turn some people's red, iron tablets can turn them black, red meat can turn them dark whilst milk can turn them pale - certain vitamins can even make your wee bright yellow.

Yes read the packet or speak to the pharmacist but if you feel OK otherwise, I expect your stools will be normal again next day

Thank you.

I do feel fine in myself, I just need to keep calm or I will start to imagine symptons

My husband has been looking at the internet for me to try to reassure me and found my posts here at NMP Mmmmmm not my normal way of relaxing, I feel like my diary has been read!

Thread Information