Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can anyone relate? (probably anyone who has suffered depersonalisation)

Can anyone relate? (probably anyone who has suffered depersonalisation)

Hi

Im not sure if this is DP or what but im so focused on my mind at the moment. I feel that i am not real and i dont know what is real. Anyway i keep thinking of how my brain works and how does it know what to do. eg when you speak how does it know what to say next and also what you do. its freaking me out as im scared il forget everything and not be able to operate is think possible with to much thinking about it? am i going to loose my mind?

Re: Can anyone relate? (probably anyone who has suffered depersonalisation)

and what if i never stop thinking this now that i have thought of it?

Hey Cheeky,

I first had DP when I started taking an antidepressent, and it was very scary! I thought I was going crazy, but how my doctor explained it to me was it is a a way that our brain protects itself from being overloaded, from being so stressed. It will go away, try some relaxation techniques, and I know it is hard but the longer you give it the attention, the longer it will last.

I hope this has helped you.

D

I had this big time... It was really scarey so lots of hugs. My mind was bewildered and on overload. I really thought my mind would have to explode. I shudder at the memory.

Sadly I have no immediate cure for you... for me it was just another symptom of panic and anxiety and as I tackled it ( with councelling/Dr's/relaxation etc..) then it gradually did go.

Hugs and hugs and you are certainly not alonexxx

Hi Cheeky,

Yes I can relate to it..Ive suffered with it on and off for so many years...that Im now getting to the point I can actually control it...the thing to do is try not to let it frighten you..I know it is so so terrifying when it is actually happening but try to always remember that there is nothing wrong with you it will pass...lots of people suffer with it try to remember that and when it starts to happen just think to yourself this will pass im not mad and try to relax...i know its easy for me to say..but believe me ive suffered terribly with this and this is what i have to say to myself when i feel it coming over me...please dont be scared xxxx
    ps..what the guys say above is right i get it when i have too much on my mind and i feel i cant cope...3 kids etc., try to relax more because the more you fret about it the more it will keep coming back to you...dont worry you are not and wont ever go mad....xxx

I feel like i have no concept of day and time and that i cant see anything in the future is this part of DP at all?? scares the living daylights out of me.:(

Try not to worry cheeky
    It's all part of anxiety and DP.
    I know it's awful, I've had feelings like that, but if you ignore it, it will go away. It's because you're brain is tired and is thinking too much. Sleep will probably help, have you been getting enough recently?

Take care and hope you feel better soon
    Amy
    x

Totally normal with DP. I had it for over a year on/off, you have lots of sympathy from me.

x

very very nasty symptom. I was scared when it first hit me. I was totaly overwhelmed that i was me. It felt like i was a pair of eyes and the fact that i could move my body was overwhelming. Then the thought of having any responsability made me really scared.

I felt like crap constantly every day for around 3 months. Then i got used to the feeling and every time i thought about it i would try to laugh instead of getting that fear / shock sensation when someone or somthing scares you. I then tried to keep my mind occupied with certain things. You need to completeley focus your mind on somthing... anything. I started jogging and bodybuilding. For me it started to fade away after a couple of months. I still get it a little but now i just sort of ignore it, it's nowhere near as intense now.

You will get used to the feeling after a while and it will probly scare you less. Try to laugh it off as a strange euphoric experience. I can remember actually thinking i was dead or i was dreaming and couldnt wake up at its worst point.

. Laugh it off
    . Try exercise and set yourself some targets
    . Focus your mind on somthing
    . Avoid stimulating drinks... Caffeine, sugar, tea and eat healthy. Take a multivitamin

At the moment i'm taking effexor and have been for 4 weeks. I think that it's taken the edge off it even more.

take it easy

Yes, I feel like Everything in not real and Like im not in the room with people. Its a difficult one to describe, but it does pass. It gets less scary as you get used to it and accept it

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information