Thread: Do i have anxiety ? male 27

Do i have anxiety ? male 27

HI. since ive found this site it has made me feel better because alot of my symptoms were here although there is a wide range of symptoms.

About 2 months ago i started gettinng pains in my gut and kidneys. i thought that these were worst case scenarios and went to the hospital after having the pains for a few days. My way of dealing with things is expect the worse and anything less is a blessing, i try and over anylise everything. After a couple of meaningless trips to the AE i thought i was ok. One day i woke up feeling really bad but not the gut pains. I felt like i was in a Blur. i felt spaced out and when i looked at myself in the mirror and i looked at people it was like i was looking through them. I was getting terrible panics from my stomache upwards and i thought that somthing bad was happening. I was getting strange tingling feelings on the top of my head and on the side of my head and on my cheekbones. not all at the same time but it would shift sometimes. sometimes i would just get a headache without the blur and would be greatful of my cheekbone hurting rather than being spaced out. i had to walk out of work loads of times just walk off the fear that i was getting i thought that i was going to stay like that forever. Eventually after being off work and altogether about 3 weeks later the symptoms gradually became less and i made a full recovery and thought that i was fine.

Recently about 9 days ago i woke up and i had the same feelings again although not as bad only about 30% as bad and because i knew it would go away i was not scared of it. i think ive only had about 2 panic attacks in 8 days. i never get the tight chest or breathing difficulties. The first time i was getting horrible negative thoughts comming into my mind i thought i was going man. it was allways thoughts that i could fall off this chair and break my neck and things like that it was terrible. i had to fall asleep listening to the radio with the tv on because i was scared of my own mind. somtimes i was getting fogging in my vision and saw things moving out of my periferal vision that was freaking me out. I found that things would be worse in the morning as the spaced out feeling was more prominent. I didnt like to be alone which for me is strange because i allways like my own time. i didnt want to sleep in my bedroom for some weird reason and i was sleeping on the sofa for like 4 nights. Whenever i read somthing negative it would set me off with a bit of fear and i would have to go for a walk i would get silly thoughts in my head that would escalate.

Although this time round it isnt half as bad as it was before i think it might be anxiety. i found it hard because im a 27 year old male with a good job that i dont think is stressful. i dont really do anything im a bit of an unsociable lazy bum although i live in a shared house and everyone is great.
    do you think i have anxiety because im not getting the scared feelings so much this time its more the head tingle and headaches and somtimes the blur spaced out ish vision.

many thanks

Re: Do i have anxiety ? male 27

Hiya mark...

Certainly sounds like the start of it. Thats just like how mine started xx

Re: Do i have anxiety ? male 27

Hi Mark

to the site.

I am no expert hun and I feel a gp can only properly diagnose you, BUT, in my oppinon in what you have written, I does like anxiety to me. Your symptoms are common with anxiety.

Its good to hear that the symptoms are a little better this time round, HAY, WELL done you, you must be thinking in the right direction, be proud of yourself

Mark, please don't be to hard on yourself, your age, your sex, does not matter, panic or anxiety can tarrget ANYONE at any age, any sex at anytime of there lives.

It can be hard knowing just where anxiety has come from, if you don't, please but this to one side and focus MORE on what to do next, spend your energies moving forward.

Read all your can about anxiety and how you can help yourself, this site is a good place to be, there are lots of threads and Nic has lots of great info behind the site.

YOU WILL get better, START by believing you can,

You have come to the right place, there are lots of nice poeple here who will help and support you.

TAKE CARE

Wishing you well

LOVE JILLXXX

------------------------------------------

"Every thought you think changes your
    biochemistry.
    Your hormones are effected by your
    thoughts.
    Pay attention to stuff that bring you
    joy.
    Look for things that bring you a
    SMILE"