Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Travelling tomorrow!

Travelling tomorrow!

I'm going to Wales in the car tomorrow. [:O]

Travelling by car is one of my biggest challenges... I can hardly think how to write about it. Weather forecast is hot and that makes me feel unwell (no air conditioning in my old Skoda). I know I'll be wondering whether its sickness or anxiety, or sickness because of anxiety. Or whatever. (Losing the plot now :().

I have Rescue Remedy and Immodium (stress gets me both ways!).

It's only a couple of hours but I have trouble with the bridge crossing because of traffic jams - they make me feel even worse. I feel I can't escape.

Trouble is I know I should sleep tonight because lack of sleep won't help. But worrying will make sleep difficult. HELP.

hiya,
    you know how it goes, you always feel worse than it actually is.. it'll be a challenge for you, but you will do it and you will be fine..
    I drove to Devon a while back and cried all the way round the M25.. but i did it, as will you! you will feel so proud of yourself once you've done it too!
    good luck!!
    Lisa
    xxx

"do not fear to hope...Each time we smell the autumn's dying scent, we know that primrose time will come again"

Good luck for tomorrow

I can really sympathise cos I hate driving in the heat and I don't like that bridge - read these previous posts I did....

A Bridge too Far
    Off to face the bridge again!

I don't know what time you are going but you can now buy something called Magicool or something like that - you spray it on your face to cool you down.

Could you get some before you go tomorrow?

Nicola

"Nearly all happiness comes into our lives through doors we don't even remember leaving open"

Thanks Lisa.

I just felt I was getting better, at coping at least. But went to the circus an hour away with my little - journey was not good but I did it. When I was in the circus I wanted to leave every time the lights went down and they put on the smoke machine between acts. :(

It made me feel bad coz I had felt I was doing better. Then went back to that state of mind. I feel sick all morning and for the whole journey. Daryl says I go funny colours! (feel that way whenever I talk honestly about it too)

Thanks for your message though. Its good to know you're not the only one and you're not just being silly.

I'll try Magicool too. Not sure what time we're leaving. Daryl is great - he lets me decide when I'm ready.

I'll give anything a go because this is NOT going to beat me! I did read your posting. (That's what led me here via depression and anxiety search.)

I've spent a lot of time here since. It really helps.
    Thanks.

thats the right attitude - its not going to beat you!! thats what i said to myself in the car too! i know i could have turned back but i didn't!
    let us know how you got on - when are you back?

"do not fear to hope...Each time we smell the autumn's dying scent, we know that primrose time will come again"

Back sometime Sunday afternoon depending on traffic.(!) Don't even want to think about the T word. lol . We leave before lunch and cross our fingers...

Almost looking forward to Monday morning. Isn't it ironic?

I'll post on return to tell you how I get on. Must sleep now though or tiredness will make things worse. I'll play a a game before I log off. Thanks again for messages. X

no probs hun. have a good trip..
    will be sending positive vibes!! and remember that having a blip is part of the recovery route! so even if it feels bad, it is going upwards!!
    take care - go for it!
    Lisa
    xxx

Hi Nicola

We're off this morning. I'm gonna make sure I go to Boots to see if they have Magicool. It's a small store here so keep your fingers crossed.

Your replies really help. I will think of you when we cross that bridge.

Coming home tomorrow so I'll post on return. Anticipation is usually the worst part. (See - I'm trying to convince myself!)

Lisa.

Good luck hun,

Thinking of you,

Take care,

Love PIP'S X X

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information