Thread: Need a bit of a rant...

Need a bit of a rant...

I'm feeling so angry right now...I just need to vent a bit

At the beginning of the year I had to move back home, due to my agoraphobia. I'm living with my Dad,Step Mum and little brother now....I've lived away from home since the age of 16,so it's testing to say the least!

My step mum seems to fit the stereotype of the wicked stepmother portrayed in Snow White ect. Although we used to get on, these days she takes all her pleasure in making others suffer...she's a nasty piece of work indeed. She is constantly abusive towards my Dad and has ground him right down, he finally had enough and is filing for divorce. The whole seven years they have been married she has used every excuse to belittle him and ridicule him. She constantly critices him as a father and takes great joy in telling him what failures his kids are and that it's his fault!! Nowadays she directs her nastiness towards me too, although she will never do it to my face she is constantly being nasty behind my back. I have never said or done anything that warrents this, so it came as a shock to me when I found out. She is so petty and childish, she goes out of her way to wind up people...doing silly things like pouring all the water out of the kettle and water filter last thing at night so theres none in there for my dads morning cup of coffee...and yes I do know it's on purpose as she told me this, thinking it was funny!

On Sunday night, she left a big disgusting mess in the kitchen and didnt bother even attempting to clean it up....then when she got home the next evening she went crazy at my dad for not clearing it up (despite him having worked a 12 hour day) it was her mess, and her area (each person is responsible for different rooms cleaning, hers is the kitchen of her own choice). She then proceeded to take pictures of the mess (she had left) as 'evidence'. This evening she has been taking pictures of the microwave, that I failed to clean (despite the fact I don't use it)...asking me would be sufficient.

The incident which was the final straw for my dad goes as follows. We urgently needed some bread and marg. from the shop so my dad told her he was popping to the shops to get them but she said she'd do it later instead (lord knows why). Hours went by, she still hadnt been. Then at 9pm she announced she was going down the pub and would go to the 24hr later on. My dad was awoken at 4.30am (this was on a weekday and also woke me up) by her banging around very noisily in the kitchen, so he got up and asked in a sleepy tone what the noise was....at which point she went *mental* and started screaming and shouting at him for not immediately saying thank you?! She then threw a cup of boiling hot coffee at him and burnt his arm. Ontop of all that, instead of only getting the 2 items we needed, she spent £300 on a load of crap that was completely unecessary and had the audacity to charge me and my dad for it!!

She has run up £20,000 of debt on her credit card and is somehow blaming my dad for this too?? I have no idea what the hell she has spent this money on, she just keeps buying 'stuff'.

I could spend all day listing the vile and nasty things she has done, these aren't the worst just more recent.

I'm so sick of her disgusting behaviour, but I don't know what to do. She quite clearly needs professional help but will never accept this. My nerves are shot, I'm completely on edge and it is setting my recovery back huge amounts. My anxiety is sky high. Agggghhhhh!

Rant over....for now

xxx

Re: Need a bit of a rant...

Aw sweetie i feel for you. Not got any advice but i hope soemhow things can be sorted and improve for you and your family.

Pooh x
    I've crossed lines of words and wire, and both have cut me deep. I've been frozen out and I've been on fire, and the tears are mine to weep. But I can cry until I laugh, or laugh until I cry. So cut the deck right in half, I'll play from either side.

http://poohsworld-pooh.blogspot.com/

Aww thank you hun I'm sure we'll get there in the end, just got to be strong and be there for my dad...in a funny way, it's brought me and my dad closer together so I geuss every cloud does have a silver lining eh!

xxx

She sounds like a real piece of work!!!!!
    The only thing I can tell you hun is if your Dad is filing for divorce at least there is an end in sight!
    I can tell you one thing, you don't have to put up with ANYONE acting that way!
    If she goes overboard TELL HER ABOUT IT!!
    No point in keeping it bottled up and getting upset about it!
    Just don't do her bodily harm!
    LOL

And if you want you can ask her for me ...
    WHO PEED IN YOUR CHEERIOS???!!!

xxx
    Sandy
    Watch your habits; they become character.
    Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.
    Lao-Tze

Haha, thanks hun! ....Define bodily harm lol. I really wish I could stand up to her, but I just can't stand confrontation....it turns me into a quivering mess!!

There is an end in sight which is of some comfort butttt...in order to come up with the money which she will inevitably be awarded in the divorce, my dad will probably have to sell up our family home (which his parents built and he has lived in on and off since the age of 6 and raised all his children in) aaand possibly even sell up the family business (which his dad passed down to him and he was hoping to pass onto my big brother) so...it's all a bit of a mess really *sigh* :(

xxxx

Haha, go for it hun
    Thanks for the kind words! Yeah, I'm sure things will get better once all of this is out of the way...just gotta ride it out for now I geuss. She's very manipulative and most other people outside of our home don't see what she's really like...so it's just good to get it off my chest really. I'm a bit scared of this coming week, my dads off to Russia....so I'll be on my own with her all week, this sounds really selfish but without my dad to direct her venom towards aswell it'll all be on me

xxxx

Hey hun, I have messaged you on Facebook so feel free to rant to me hun I'm here for you I'm so sorry you're going through this, something needs to be done, she sounds horrible! xx

Thread Information