Thread: Does a panic attack do this?

Does a panic attack do this?

Does a panic attack make you think that you are gonna freak out? what causes this?

Re: Does a panic attack do this?

Hi,

Anytime I have had a panic attack it was a fear of dying, mostly due to pains in my chest and breathing problems.

Hi

I really used to think I was going to freak out (hence the name) when I had a pretty severe run of panic attacks day in day out, several times a day. I suppose your definition of freaking out is individual, but I think it is caused by not really understanding why you panic, and feeling unable to control your feelings and thoughts. I now know that I am not going to freak out, but still haven't plucked up the courage to face the majority of my fears, just in case. Thank god I never get chest pains or I might think I would die, I do get short of breath and feel as though I am choking though.

It just makes me sick of myself.

Freaky

I'm always terrified of chocking when having a panic attcak, I even avoided eating hard foods to stop these irrational thougts, unfortunatley I still am.

Hi hun

To know and understand your own panic, is sooo important, when in panic, mode our minds are very negative, we can, when in this mode, think of many, many, scary things, WHAT is, scary to YOU.

We all may have the same symptoms, but what scares one person may not scare another sufferer, so when in this mode (panic, mode) this is down to the person.

When in panic, mode, this is a natral response which is built into to us all, every human being, it comes into force when we ARE in danger, BUT, when triggered for what seems like no reason at all, our minds go looking for danger, if you feel that freaking out is the worse case, then, in this mode (panic, mode) your mind will think and over react and you will get a fear that you MAY freak out, or the what if I freak out comes into play.

I myself when acute, had many, many different thoughts when in panic mode.

I do feel, for you, that freaking out is maybe you are thinking, if I do freak out, I will make a show of myself, thinking negative thoughts like these only fuel our panic.

It is DAME hard to change our thought pattens towards panic, it is very, very scary.

I know for me, I had to change my mindset regariding my panic, to try and learn for myself, not to give 2 hoots who sore me panic, but this was not easy, it took alot of hard work on my part, to change the way I thought when in panic mode, to notice, that when in panic, mode, it DID always pass.

YOU TAKE CARE

Wishing you well

LOVE JILLXXX

------------------------------------------

"Every thought you think changes your
    biochemistry.
    Your hormones are effected by your
    thoughts.
    Pay attention to stuff that bring you
    joy.
    Look for things that bring you a
    SMILE"

---------------------------------

It is the flight/fight mode. You are on constant high alert, so any movement and sound can make you 'freak out' and react. It's a perfectly normal state but if it is happening for no reason then it needs to be addressed.

I find that saying to myself "It's ok. Nothing is out there to attack me. I am safe." I feel better.

ERB 14/01/2016 Forever missed, forever in our hearts, my baby angel girl

I find when Im around my family I dont get these feelings though, So i know to a degree that I can shake them off at times. Its true we all do fear diffrent things, and as odd as what they are to some its very frightening for us as individuals.

Thread Information