Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cold Hands/Feet

Cold Hands/Feet

Does anybody experience cold hands and/or feet? Sometimes the nails on my hands look like they have a light bluish, purple-ish tint to them, closer to the cuticle. The top part of the nail is normal color. When I was in the shower, I looked at my feet and my big toenail looked like it was tinged with a blue color and the skin at the tip of my toe also looked blue. I felt my toe and it was actually cool while I was in the shower! I've been through the testing for heart problems and all of my tests were normal. My oxygen level is always around 98 oto 100, even when I am in a full panic attack. I don't know if this is how I have always been as I have never paid attention until I developed HA. Sometimes it looks like I have a slightly blue line in my lips and in the corners of my mouth, even though the outside of my lips are nice and pink. I noticed that the lip thing happens to my mother and sister as well. Could this be a problem with poor circulation or is it be anxiety related?

Re: Cold Hands/Feet

I think your ok, I have always had cold feet and hands, I stayed at my friends place once, we had no heating and my hands turneds blue!

My hands and feet are always cold too.
    But you know what they say ...'cold hands...warm heart'
    Take care
    xx

Yep me too - I wear fingerless gloves in the house and two pairs of socks.

Quote Originally Posted by NervousNellie View Post
    Does anybody experience cold hands and/or feet? Sometimes the nails on my hands look like they have a light bluish, purple-ish tint to them, closer to the cuticle. The top part of the nail is normal color. When I was in the shower, I looked at my feet and my big toenail looked like it was tinged with a blue color and the skin at the tip of my toe also looked blue. I felt my toe and it was actually cool while I was in the shower! I've been through the testing for heart problems and all of my tests were normal. My oxygen level is always around 98 oto 100, even when I am in a full panic attack. I don't know if this is how I have always been as I have never paid attention until I developed HA. Sometimes it looks like I have a slightly blue line in my lips and in the corners of my mouth, even though the outside of my lips are nice and pink. I noticed that the lip thing happens to my mother and sister as well. Could this be a problem with poor circulation or is it be anxiety related?
    Raynauds Syndrome.

Every year I have this problem. My fingers are white and two of my toes go black (I lost the tip of one last year) they are very painful. Once the temp rises they are fine.

I am on Praxiline

Are you on propranolol? This can make raynaud's worse.

My toes often go white and numb - i usually wear socks and slipper socks inside my fur-lined boots when I go out! A microwave wheatbag really helps when I'm at home.

Thank you everybody for your replies. I think I'm just blowing this out of proportion! I've probably been like this all of my life but never paid any attention to it. Since I developed HA, I seems to notice every little thing! I don't have any pain when this happens, so I guess I just have to relax a little. Easier said than done!

I was just going to post about this but I figured I would search, thinking maybe someone could have had the same symptom.

I am sitting here and yes my hands are freezing like ice and my feet too. Even socks don't keep it warm.

I usually have to be bundled up pretty good to stay warm.

I also get really cold hands when I am nervous or have anixety. When I am about to meet someone.

I hate cold feet..... I dont find being cold anywhere else, but not the feet.... they seem to take for ever to warm up again!!!!

Thank you everybody for your replies! I feel much better now knowing that this isn't uncommon for those who suffer with anxiety. I also just found out that my mother and sister experience the same thing, so it must be genetic! That's just the way we are! I felt really silly when my sister pointed out the fact that the women in our family have always had this problem - apparently she's noticed this in us for the past 20 years, but I never paid any attention to it! I'm glad that she noticed because if it hasn't killed me in 20 years, I don't think it will kill me now!! lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information