Thread: Imagine This

Imagine This

Hey guys,

How awful is this.
    Yesterday i took my little girl to a birthday party, i thought i'd stay with her for 15 mins to settle her in and make sure she was okay, so i sat down along with all the other mums and dads.

Normally i wouldnt have liked this as i'm recovering from agoraphobia, so i would normally like to leave asap.

Anyway i'm sat there watching the kids laugh at this magician and entertainer, the kids were having a dancing competition, he couldn't decide who was the best dancer, so he turned to me asked me my name, then handed me the prizes and said you pick.... i wanted to drop to the floor, then he said "i know kids, i want you all to copy auntie diane and do what she does on the dance floor, so i had to get up in front of all these people that i didn't know and start strutting my stuff..... then he made me sit on a chair and do the rendition of oops up side your head

When i finally was allowed to go back to my seat i was shaking like a leaf...........of all the people in that room trust him to pick on probably the only one that suffers with panic, i actually wanted to go and punch his lights out, but couldn't .......... all the children were watching me lol.

The only good thing however, through the embarressment of it all is i got through it and all my little girls friends think her mum is cool!

Re: Imagine This

Hi cool mom
    Many congratulations for NOt punching his lights out ha ha ha
    i am sure everyone, including you are so proud of the way you coped
    It is so surprising what can be done on the spur of the moment
    Well done to you
    Best wishes
    june

Hi Diane, that must have been tough, but like you said, you did it, no-one probablty noticed your discomfort and your wee girl is proud of you, Steph x

aww hun they seem to always pick the ones that look the most nervous!! well done for going through with it though... cool mum eh?! lol... xxx

haha diane thats so funny and dont they just always pick on the ones who really dont wanna b picked, its like they know.

when we were on holiday they were getting parents up on stage so the kids could whack pies in there faces, luckily i was right at the back and my middle boy said dont worry mum i wouldnt let them them do that to u haha.

hugs to u and i would have felt like punching his lights out too lolxxx

Thanks for the replies,

I went to the school playground today and the mums that were at the party all said hi, shame of it, i strutted my stuff in front of them all and now i'm famous for it lol!

no more kiddies parties for me.

no more kiddies parties for me.
    WHY??????
    you are a star!!!!!
    Let your self feel good about it ----everyone else thinks you are great ---- even your kids (Ha ha) mine used to say Don't show us up (ha ha) as if!!!
    Best wishes
    JUNE

Hi Diane

I think you did just great now you are one of the cool mums, you should feel really proud of youself. Well done girl.

Carol

hiya

wow i feel for you lol

but well done i think if it were me i would of passed out on the spot ,if i am at party,s i hide coz my little girl always comes to get me to dance with her and her friends lol i can not tell you how many times i have said oh i have a bad leg,foot,arm,knee and so on .

jodie xx

Thread Information