Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: SMELLS

SMELLS

HIya ALL,

One thing that really freaks me out is unusual smells - especially when driving.

Does anyone else get this??

It doesn't help that i live in a town that houses 1 major petrochemical company and another major plastic works company!!

Love
    lucky

Hiya Lucky

Yep, unusual smells freak me out too. If I smell something when im driving I automatically think im going to break down so I start sniffing really hard and end up hyperventilating....lol

Also if im out and somebody walks past with strong aftershave on, this gets me too.

weird huh?

love Sarah
    xx

I end up driving with all the windows down - which is fine unless it is December and it is snowing!!!!

Lucky

I smell something and think my car is breaking down. And I know a bit about cars, and it's very rare a "smell" is the sign that your car is about to fail. (Unless is a clutch or break smell)

My friend bought me a large bottle of DKNY as a present for house sitting. Unfortunately, this was when I was at my worst, and it was six months after before I could use it - if I tried spraying it before then, I actually started having an anxiety attack.

How bizarre is that!

Charlie

those smells would upset anyone lucky...soon as you can,i would move into south wales,the property is so cheap,and the countryside smells,after,or during rain,are wonderful,and just think of all the wonderful fruit that is available to pick for free..see,ime thinking of my tummy again!...bryan.

I'm always a bit freaked out by burning smells when in a vehicle after travelling on a coach to Barcelona about 10 years ago. We were driving through France at dawn and passed a chemical plant when I noticed an acrid burning smell. Most people were asleep but my hubby was awake next to me and he agreed that the smell was really strong and that the polution from the plant must be awful. However, the smell seemed to be getting stronger as we drove further away from the plant and I noticed an irritation in my throat. The next thing we knew, we were pulling over to the side of the motorway and flames were shooting up the side of the window where I sat!!!! We all had to get off 'cause the brakes had locked on and the wheel was on fire!!! Luckily the French fire crews arrived quickly as we had managed by chance to stop opposite a service station. These sort of things always happen to me and only serve to fuel my paranoia.
    We ended up stranded miles from nowhere in the middle of France, in baking temperatures on Bastille day!! We knew that the whole of France would be partying but we were miles from any pubs!!
    lol
    prettyface

I worry on the tube when there are funny smells (of which there are many[:0]) that it might be a gas attack.

Emily

Fist come the smells - then come the thoughts.

'I automatically think im going to break down'
    'worry....that it might be a gas attack'
    'think my car is breaking down'

Which causes the freaking out ?

Meg

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
    Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

Too much THINKING!!!...lol

We all have such fertile imaginations its a shame we cant all put them to use and write a great movie and make millions eh?

love Sarah
    xx

V good point Meg

But in the case of the DKNY, it took me three goes of "spray, get panic attack" to realise why!!! I stopped using it for a few months, till I managed to pull myself together a bit more, and now I can wear it/smell it without any problem at all.

But I do know what you mean,there have been instances where I have smelt a smell, then thought the last time I smelt that I was ... remember a bad experience and then freak out all over again. So yes, in general it's back to BAD THINKING SKILLS - YET AGAIN!!!!!

Can you be hypnotised to think only positive things I wonder!!!

Charlie

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information