Thread: I feel so ill:-(

I feel so ill:-(

I started with a cold 2 weeks ago, the children then brought home a lovely flu virus. Last night at 6pm I started feeling very cold but my temp was 38 degrees. My head was banging and was very congested. I have hardly slept all night.

I got up at 5am, steamed, took paracetamol and my temp is now 36.5 so alot cooler. My head has eased abit but I was sitting down, blew my nose lightly because its so blocked on the left, not much will come out anyway then suddenly started with a nosebleed from my right nostril which is the clear nostril. I have never had a nosebleed before, its stopped now after 5-10 mins of it bleeding but its really worried me, is it normal when you have a cold? I didn't blow hard.

I am off to the GP this morning, I think I have sinusitis feeling so panicky, ive had no sleep recently, all my children have this virus and 2 of them have developed ear infections, its been a long 2 weeks My dh says to not feel down or ashamed of my anxiety peaking because I am so rundown and he thinks ive just got what they have now but I am worried about this nosebleed, I sound silly I know.

I am using my CBT to try and calm myself down but finding it hard because I am so exhausted

Re: I feel so ill:-(

aw sorry to hear your ill, hopefully your gp will give you some drugs! I was sick for a week too from a virus, it sent my anxiety sky high too.
    I never get nose bleeds but i'd say it's pretty normal to get them.
    hope you feel better soon x x x

Awful isn't it, so much going around, I haven't felt this ill in years.

Thanks.

Stupid me did a search on another forum n read about headaches and nosebleeds meaning something bad, im now so scared:-(

Nosebleeds are perfectly normal with a cold Libby don't worry xxx

Wink Re: I feel so ill:-(

Hi Libby
    Im currrently off work with a horrible cold my symptoms excactly like yours. My head has been banging for three days now everyime i get up its like someone banging a drum in my temples!
    I keep blowing my nose to relive the pressure, and Im sure, thats why you got a nose bleed, there are a lot of little sensitive blood vessels up your nose and Im sure thats what caused it. Nothing to worry about. Try a decongestant that may help.
    Get better soon x

Aww sorry to hear your all poorly...i had like a head cold last week and i had a nose bleed too (which i dont normall get) nothing to worry about hun honest...get well soon.... xxxx

Whenever I get a very bad cold or the flu I often have nosebleeds. They can be scary at the time, but often once I have had the nosebleed I start to feel better. I think it is the body's way of getting rid of all the crap up your nose, a sort of spring clean effect.

The worst one I ever had was about 2 years ago when I'd been ill for about 10 days with the flu. I woke up one morning at there was just a massive clump of blood in my right nostril. I sneezed and it all started flooding out and lasted for about 2 hours. I felt alot better within a day or so though.

Thank you all,

Saw GP he said ive a sinus infection but didnt prescribe anti bs as there is no point in them aparently, I also have a flu virus and he said nosebleeds are common with colds/flu. He didn't seem at all concerned but checked me thoroughly.

I ache a little in my back, no fever now though and head seems ok just still very congested so going to rest until I collect the kids at 3.

Thank you all, just hoping I don't have another nosebleed:-(

Thread Information