Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I Failed

I Failed

Well I did everything that was suggested to me for my dr's appointment today...thought calm thoughts, imagined myself being calm, etc. I took a valium and rubbed some vertigo/calming oil into my shoulders and I still couldn't leave the house to even get to the car to leave for my appointment. I almost collapsed in the hallway of our house and my husband had to put me to bed. I sobbed of course and that made the panic worse. Called the dr's office crying and told them what was going on...they said I still need to come in no matter how bad I feel. I understand that, they can't prescribe me anything without seeing me. I changed my appointment for tomorrow at 4 in the afternoon. I'm hoping and praying there won't be a repeat of today.
    I am truly bummed

Re: I Failed

Hi

Don't beat yourself up over this, so today you didn't manage to make the appointment but that doesn't mean that tomorrow will be the same. I wish you luck tomorrow and hope all goes well for you belive me I have been the same as you in the past and even now it takes alot out of me going to the doctors but hopefully when you go they will be able to help you.

Good luck

Carol

Thank you, Carol, for your advice...and you're right, tomorrow might be a lot different. Last time I went to town was in September and I did fine so hopefully tomorrow it'll be the same thing.
    My son gave me some good advice today, he told me tomorrow to make myself go sit in the car even if I'm having a panic attack, and see if it passes. If it does then go down the road a little and see how I'm feeling. Then go a little more. Makes sense. Taking baby steps.

Thanks again!

Lacey

Hi Lacey

Your son gave you some good advice that is how I deal with my agoraphobia, little steps and I am making great progress. Is there a chance you could wait in the car till the doctor is ready to see you, this may take off a little more pressure. I really do hope you succeed tomorrow and take your sons advice it is good.

Carol xx

That's a good idea, Carol, waiting in the car. I'll call them today and ask. I don't see why not. My husband can wait inside then come and get me when it's time. Thank you!

Lacey

You are very welcome Lacey, I know just how hard it can all be, I have tried every approach with my anxiety and panic. I am sure the doctors will understand and try and help as much as they can. Don't think of today as a failure, just take it all as a learning point never set out to test yourself and try not to dwell on things that don't work out. Remember small steps lead to recovery believe me I know and I still have alot more to learn.

I really do wish you the best, let us know how you get on.

Carol x

Hi Lacey,

You poor thing how awful for you. I hope that you manage to get to the Dr's tomorrow. It is great advice you have been given. I try to tell myself that if things become so bad or unmanageable I can always make my excuses and go straight back home. It isn't easy but at least I can face some situations by telling myself that. I still feel extremely anxious leading up to things and I think that is worse than the actual event sometimes. Your Dr will be familiar with your anxieties and it is the first step to getting the help and support you need. You will feel so relieved afterwards.

The very best of luck with it.

Freaky

Tommorow is another day! So you didnt go, dont be tough on yourself these things happen. But at least your trying, and Im sure that it will pay off. That is good advice, it would definately benifit you to try it a couple of hours before you leave. And if your anxious the first time, do it several times. Then when it comes to you actually leaving to go to the doctors your anxiety levels wont be so high. Hopefully this will make the journey much easy for you, try doing something in the car that will take your attention away from your thoughts, a puzzle or just having your husband speak to you all the way there may be a good idea. Hopefully if you do get there then youve done most of the work, and you should be happy with your acheivement. If you dont go again then you can always try it another day. Good Luck!!!

The person that invented the light bulb was asked "how did it feel to fail 300 times before you got it right"

He replied "Oh I didnt fail 300 times, I just found 300 ways that it wouldnt work"

You will find away through this, so have faith in yourself

kev

Sorry to hear that it didn't go well. However, as others have said, don't beat yourself up about it, tell yourself that it's "just one of those things" and treat your new appointment as something entirely new and separate from the events of Tuesday.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information