Thread: emethopbia - please help me

emethopbia - please help me

hi guys

im in work- one of my colleagues has phoned in sick with suspected food poisoning.

I am now sitting with my stomach like a washing machine- its awful- ive had to go to the toilet about 10 times(sorry) and i just wanna go home and cry

i am convincing myself that im going to get it- im getting pains in my stomach and thinking the worse am thinking about how much contact i had with him yesterday- how can i cotnract food poisoning????? am actually saying to myself no he must have a bug and hes given it to me- why do we do this to ourselves

does anyone have any advise or help

:( xx

The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step
    - Lao Tse

Re: emethopbia - please help me

hi
    don't worry,whenever someone phones in with food poisoning its the most classic one to say when you just fancied a sickie....bet hes not even ill lol

Yes I think Jennie is right phoning in sick with suspected food poisoning is a classic excuse......usually means I've got a hang over today.

You could only get food poisoning if you had eaten the same food. But try not to worry, you will be fine. I'm an emmet too, so I put myself through the same torchure and it's always an unfounded fear cos I rarely get sick. Omg wish I hadn't sadi that now as I will be worrying that I've jinxed myself.

hi guys

that made me laugh so much- thanks

am feeling better now (although andie might jinx it haha) got 2 hours n a bit left n its quiet now so relaxing a bit

it honestly feels as if its not me in control when i take the panic- like when i hear those words n my head goes all funny, its as if i come out of my body- if any of you know what i mean?? like i think the most irrational things in the world.

But am okay now so am not going to dwell on it.

thanks so much for your advise though
    x

The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step
    - Lao Tse

Thread Information