Thread: I think I'm dying ... again

I think I'm dying ... again

Yes, i can be completrely rational about this, but I am still convince I am ding. My panic attacks have been much better recently, but I've had a stressful week (kids off sick, husband's auntie found dead after having a massive heart-attack yesterday) - and now I am convinced there is something wrong with my heart. i don't think drinking a bottle of wine last night helped.

I've been having intermittent chest pains and pain in my breast, felt as if my chest was being crushed, pain in the arm, acid reflux, stomach pain, exhaustion - basically, everything which I know is a panic attack but am now convinced is the beginning of a heart attack. As I've been having this for 6 hours now, it's highly unlikely that it's a heart attack, isn't it?

I guess I'm just looking for a little reassurance.

Re: I think I'm dying ... again

hi its not a heart attack but i know how you feel ,im exactly the same i even posted on here this morning about my chest you have put it right way about chest being crushed do you get it all over or just heart side ?

Heart side and middle - but it's very intermittent.

its horrible i know how you feel i really do it just doesnt go away does it have you had it before apart from today

hi

I've just had a panic attack and I had pains in my chest which made me panic more. I think the chest pains sparked the attack off. I'm starting to calm down now, but I was really scared as I am used to having attacks. This one tho was awful. I was convinced I was having a heart attack and was going to die at any minute. I know how you feel Bellabum, and Amanda.

All the stress you have had Bella is going to come out some how. You probably have been so tense the muscles in your chest have been strained. That's what I'm telling myself, and it seems to be helping.

My pain is on the left starting just under collar bone and going down and to the right towards my arm. It's eaying a bit now that I'm calming down so I guess it's not a heart attack.

All the other symptoms you are getting suggest that it is anxiety, but I know how hard it is to convince yourself. Health Anx is awful, I hate it so much!!!!

Well, I'm still alive, so I guess it certainly wasn't a heart attack! I feel awful today (and I've been ill with a flu-like virus for a few weeks now) so I guess I'm just going to have to cope with it. I'm going to go to my docs just in case it's a chest-infection so that I can rule out any physical cause of the pain.

Went to the docs - well, i had to as I slipped over on some ice this morning and gave myself quite a bang on the head. Upshot is, he thinks the chest pains are to do with the virus and not to worry about them and I have a sprained arm, big bump on the head (which will probably give me a black eye tomorrow) and he thinks I've cracked a rib.

I certainly have chest pains now, I can tell you!

Thread Information