Thread: Panic attacks ruining me

Panic attacks ruining me

Every couple of months or year, I get awful deep and inescapable panic attacks, I am often unable to bring myself out of them and will continue until intervention..

Then for a number of weeks afterwards I remain anxious of more panic attacks, and recently have been feeling somewhat out of touch with reality and even insane as a side effect.

I lose my perspective of things, I am irrationally scared by small things even my own movements sometimes and my dreams are often plagued by feelings of intense dread.

I feel unable to escape from this.

Re: Panic attacks ruining me

Believe it or not, most of the in-between and after effects that you describe are actually "normal" for what is taking place within you. It is your bodies response, and it is the correct response for the body to make (taking the reasons into consideration).

It is unfortunate that it takes some time after a bad panic attack to get back onto ones' feet again. But you will find that it does become "easier" (for lack of a better term at the moment), and both the panic attacks and the recovery period will become much shorter in duration.

But it still is frustrating, that's for sure.

Check out all the resources here at NMP, and be very diligent in learning all that you can. It may never go away entirely, but it WILL make life a lot easier for you.

That's a distinct problem I'm having though, I used to be getting better and better at dealing with them but this time I've got much worse and my condition is almost getting worse by the day.

I'm forming certain associations with my panic attacks and even they have become elements of fear by themselves. I feel completely lost and have nothing to fall back onto and the mental space in which I can comfortably move is getting smaller and smaller...

Hi Chross sorry to hear you are feeling so low. I notice that your thoughts about how you are feeling are l negative and in a downward spiral. This illness is of course about our thoughts becoming feelings. Have you tried the downloads from Dr Weekes, free from the NMP shop. Her books are excellent too. I hope this helps.

Veronica

Thread Information