Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FEELING SPACED!

Peru83 is offline Intermediate Member

FEELING SPACED!

Since my first panic attack (3weeks ago) I've been feeling really spaced out! Does anyone else feel like this?

I feel like I'm dreaming........Kinda like I'm not here but I know that I am..............weird I know but whenever I am telling people how I am feeling they just look at me like I am mad. Life is just feeling so surreal!

I was hoping that it might of started to wear off by now, or I maybe would start to feel a little bit normal, especialy now that I am a little bit calmer now that the doctor has diagnosed me right.

Who knows just me worrying again!

"Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!"

D/Personalisation
    derealisation/depersonlisation
    Hi new member mom w/ panic and dp/dr
    Disassociation

when will this feeling leave?

Meg
    www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
    Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

Hi, yes I had a severe panic attack in public and for ages I felt spaced out and as if I was floating past people.
    It did eventually pass but I do have similar reoccurances no, they never last as long, take care Love Alexis,x

Hi, yes I used to get this alot. It is derealisation and is horrible because it makes you feel so strange.

Worrying about it will only make it worse. How I think about that is that the more you worry the more food you are feeding the derealisation so by not thinking about it you arnt feeding it and thereforeit will starve to death and will then leave you...
    Hope this way of thinking about it helps you too..

All the best

Feel free pm me if you want to chat

steno -x-

Hi Steno, that sounds good,will have to try and put that into practice, Alexisx

I just want to say thank you for your links, It's good to know that I'm not alone.

I went to the doctors this morning as when I woke up this morning I felt really hot and light headed and my heart rate was going ten to the dozen. Of course I thought I was having a heart attack! Got my mum to rush me down there just to find out that my heart is fine, my breathing is fine infact everything of my physical well-being is fine! I just cried and cried when the doctor told me this, but he told me not to be soo silly and I quote "A broken leg is easy to sypmathise and fix but not a broken mind", this has made me worse.

Now I just feel like I want to cry constantly! Why did it have to be me feeling like this, I was quite happy before. Now I feel like I can't cope! I have 3 kids (eldest being 3 and youngest being 2-twins) and I am begining to feel like I can't look after them properly. I mean what if I take a funny turn when I'm on my own with them? What if I pass out? What if I take a panic attack in the street when I'm taking them to nursery?

I am really feeling low today and after me saying how good I was feeling yesturday. I just want this feeling to stop!

Hi,sorry you dont feel too good today,
    no you are not alone,
    Your doctor doesnt sound very nice or helpful.He should have some understanding of all this, my gp says its easier having a broken leg because you can see it and mend it but she means it in a nice way and never has she made me feel silly over it.I have been with my heart doing the same as yours and she says I can go ten times a day if it reassures me.
    i am not surprised you feel worse today.
    Maybe if you have a good cry you will feel a bit better, dont let what has been said bother you, there are a couple of old posts I remember from people in the same situation.
    You have got your hands full with the kids. Have you passed out before with any of this, It is hard I know and a lot of what ifs go through our mind but we must try to carry on and hope they come to nothing, easier said than done I know. I remember reading somewhere nobody has died of a panic attack, that makes me feel safer if I get real bad.
    hope you feeling bit better, take care Love Alexis,x

Your GP doesn't sound very supportive at all.

We all feel like this at times but we all pull through because we have to and also because we are a lot stronger than we realise. Your kids depend on you and that will make you fight this all the more..

"Life is too important to take seriously" Corky Siegal

I took my kids out this morning as it's such a lovely day here, we went to the shops and got something for our dinner and headed to the local park to eat our dinner and play. We were all having a really good time until all of a sudden I just started to feel lightheaded and like I just wanted to get home and quick!

This has just depressed me more because now my kids have to sit in the house because I am now feeling to scared to go back out with them incase it happens again! I'm feeling like an absolute **** because I know that it's all in my head and that nothing really bad is going to happen, yet I still can't face taking them back out! I've never felt bad being outside especialy not on nice days like these.

In the past 4 weeks it seems like I have become a totally different person and this is really begining to frighten me.[xx(]

Ok, you need to know that you're not going to pass out.
    This will help you when you take your kids out. Just remember that this too shall pass.
    Sorry I can't be of more help...
    I know how you feel and it will go away. Just try some deep breathing when you get those feelings in public.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information