Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: sons comment

Unhappy sons comment

i know this is silly as my boy is only just 4 but i was just speaking to him and he told me that he wants a different mummy, not me and it has upset me so much - i feel horrible now

Re: sons comment

Oh bab, dont take it personally, he doesnt mean it. He probably has the hump over something. My son is also 4 and has said things like this to me before.

You are feeling low at the moment and any thing that is negative is going to stay fixed in your mind or upset you.

He really doesnt mean it.

Emma xxx

Awwww hun . He is probably just upset about something. I'm sure he didn't mean it.

Oh Bab, big hugs to you. Your son doesn't mean that, kids say all kinds of strange things and sometimes when we are down in the dumps we take them seriously other and other times we just laugh or ignore them. Babs don't take this to heart he is only a little boy and he really does love you and he doesn't mean it. Just give him a big hug and forget it he is only little , believe me I have three kids and some of the things they have said in the past can be most upsetting but they don't mean it either.

I do hope your day is a better one tomorrow Bab.

Carol x

thanks so much for your replies - i know he doesnt mean it but he has never said anything like that before and it just really got to me - maybe he realised that im a crap mum who cant do stuff other mums do

Bab,

Don't put yourself down as a crap mum. I have gone through all that, with guilt etc. Not doing enough for them, or not being like other mums. All mums are different and all children are different. You are a good mum in your own way. We cant all be Blue Peter mums. Thats another problem with the TV and expectations.

You give him love, you are there for him, you interact with him. Tell him you love him.

You dont have to go out all the time or buy them everything they want.

As they get older, you will find that whatever you do is never good enough, trust me, mine range from 18 down to 4 :-)

Dont put yourself down

Bab I am sure you are not a crap mum and I am also sure your son would not want to swap you for any other mum. When I was going through my really bad patch and couldn't do things with my son I used to ask him, which was stupid, do you want a mum who can go out to the park with you and he used to say no mum I love you. Now I am feeling a alot better and I can see that even on my really bad days I was always a good mum and loved and cared for my kids as much as any other mum and it isn't all about what you do with them as long as they know you are there for them and love them that's all they need and I am sure you do. The way you feel right now Bab will pass and you will see that you are a great Mum.

Carol
    xx

hi
    kids so all sorts of things and at 4 he wont mean it or understand how hurt you would be by him saying it. my daughter has said some cruel things when we've had a bad moment. but give it a few hours and we're best friends again. he'll be looking for a big hug with his mum again soon.
    Last edited by spaced; 15-12-08 at 21:18.

Hi Jokes apart My sons wanted a new dad mainly when I get cross with them or stop them doing things they like to do. My son said he wanted me to die which really upset me. I find they look for your weekness and then use it on you when they dont get there own way.

Don't worry the best is yet to come. Those teenage years.

Take Care

Mee

thanks guys xxx

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information