Thread: Progress?

Talking Progress?

Well it's 7PM here now on Monday evening. I've managed to go the whole day so far without Googling!! Guess what I'm doing to distract myself? I'm staring at this forum! LOL I can't wait to be able to get into chat when its my 5 days! 2 more days I think!

I've actually found it distracting(in a good way) and comforting in not only reading up on replies to my own posts, but posting to others and telling others that they are going to be OK.

Funny how that works....like we are completely capable of saying to someone else, "I really think you are OK...don't worry!" But at the same time your own mind is turning like a hamster wheel!

On another bright note. I talked to my mom today on the phone and told her about my sore throat and how it just feels so damn dry and scratchy but its not red or anything and I really think its from the dry air. She suggested putting my humidifier in the living room and leaving it on all day instead of just using it in the bedroom at night. My dad was chiming in in the background saying how his mom used to put pans of water under the radiator too to help with the dry air. So no sore throat all day! I also didn't smoke at all today....until about 5 minutes ago. I ate dinner...I had to! I'm gonna try and keep the smoking cut down too. So I'm definately thinking it was a combo of smoking, dry air, and side effect of dry mouth from my meds. Not throat cancer, yay!

Progress, progress, progress!!!! So that's my advice to anyone who feels the need to Google. Resist the urge and log onto here! Put your mind into reading posts and replying to others...its working wonders for me!

Re: Progress?

Still have managed not to Google! I feel like I'm quitting smoking or biting my nails! It's so darn tempting!

Well OK I lie...last night I was in bed and was wondering if maybe my test results won't be back by tomorrow(had the blood drawn last Wednesday) and got out of bed and Googled "How long does it take for blood work to come back" but that was it! Anything that even hinted of symptoms of diseases and stuff, I refused to click on!

Sometimes Googling does help. Like it helped me last night because I read that if something was seriously wrong, they call you right away...they don't just wait because you have an appointment coming up. I hope so!

Still proud of myself for not Googling ailments and symptoms though
    Last edited by girlrock; 16-12-08 at 20:15. Reason: Typo

I stop googling now; when I used to, I had throat cancer, skin cancer, brain tumor, AIDS, heart defect, deep vein strombosis, incoming stroke, etc...

In the same idea, I also stop watching the news ages ago; can't be bother to listen to those people who take pleasure poisoning our mind. Watch "My name is Earl" instead

Yes its so frustrating! I went a few years now without Googling and slowly eased back into it and it spun out of control. I know the last time I stopped purposely and told myself "NO! I'm not going to do that to myself!" But this time has been a little hardest since I'm going through a few things at once. Thank God I Googled "lump in throat feeling" or I would have never found this site, though

Thread Information