Thread: Wake up feeling sick every day

Wake up feeling sick every day

Hi,

Does anyone else wake up every single morning feeling really sick? It fades after I get up, but it's an awful feeling that worries me a lot. It's just the mornings, and it seems most prevelant when I roll over onto my side. And it's just when I first wake up in the mornings, if I go back to sleep it doesn't usually happen again. Any advice?

Re: Wake up feeling sick every day

Sorry, no helpful advice but I get the same.

It has got better though over the months as I've got less anxious, so hopefully it will start to improve for you soon

you may have acid reflux. I do and it causes minor nausia throughout the day but its the worst in the mornings when I get up.

i used to suffer llike you all the time. it was so bad i would throw up every morning and i couldnt work as i would always be late for work. i was like this because i had sooo much anxiety about the day ahead. try to limit your responsibilitys as much as possible. its definentely acid reflux i was diagnosed with it. go and see your doctor i was given antacids they really helped. with time i got over it. it just becomes tedious after a while so much that eventually you dont even think or worry about it anymore. just hang in there and remember it could be worse atleast you are not throwing up.

Yes I have this awful nausea too, I'm often woken up by waves of it in the early mornings and it can sometimes last until midday or even longer. As I also have an absolute terror of vomiting, it causes an ever increasing circle of anxiety and panic. I also have IBS, which usually strikes first thing in the morning. I've been having some kind of breakdown since August and as I live alone and have no family the thought of Christmas - when all my support workers etc disappear off the radar until 7th January - added to everything else is quite literally worrying me sick. I was recently diagnosed with gastritis and acid reflux and I'm on Lansoprazole to limit the amount of acid my stomach makes, but my anxiety is so bad it seems to over-ride anything I'm given to try to control it. According to Dr Claire Weekes "Treating constant nausea is difficult, because so often it is the result of constant anxiety." I sympathise with anyone who suffers with this distressing symptom and hope we all feel better very soon. Its absence would make a wonderful Christmas present!

Thread Information