Thread: gas cooker knobs

gas cooker knobs

Hiya everyone I posted a thread on the forum about this the other day.I have now realised why my obsession over the gas cooker knobs has got worse.whereas before I could just walk past it Im now seeing what I think are reflections of it in dinner plates, spoons and even in the next room (the lounge) so going downstairs is a real anxiety for me at the moment so much so I dont want to venture downstairs and if I see a reflection of what I think is the cooker I freak and have to ask my mum if the cooker is off.How do I get over this its starting to take over my life.I know I ought to rationalise it but how do I do that.The gas cooker has white knobs and is opposite the kitchen window which leads to the garden outside.I try to tell myself it must be off because theres no smell of gas, but then I start to think what if just one of the knobs is slightly on which is ridiculous because if theres no smell of gas the knobs are off I just want to feel normal

Re: gas cooker knobs

Hiya thank you for your reply.

Is there anyone who can help me get over my fear of gas knobs being left on and how come when I check they are off the dread is still there.

Best Regards

get an electric stove.
    Last edited by picklepants; 21-12-08 at 23:40.

is the problem you have that youre worried that the gas cooker is on, or are you constantly checking if its off? i guess the most effective way of getting the doubt out of your mind is to check, and then say to yourself 'i have already checked to see if the gas cooker is on. i have seen that it is off, so dont need to check again'.

Thread Information