Thread: In Desperate Need Of Help!!!

In Desperate Need Of Help!!!

I am the biggest HA'er i know. I'm new to No More Panic but i seriously need help!

I am worried about so many things right now.
    1. I have 2 lumps one under each ear kinda that are very big, and painless.

2. My headaches are getting very bad and more frequent. Sometimes they are 3 times a day. Sometimes i have one, THAT LASTS ALL DAY.

3. My palpitations are getting more frequent.

4. I've got a very bad feeling of nausea.

5. All my doctor did was prescribe me anti-depressants, when if i didn't have all these, i wouldn't be so down!

6. I'm 16 and have no life because of this!

Somebody pleaaaase help me. Last time i posted nobody replied! So i stopped coming on and had to re-register today because i forgot my password and username!

Re: In Desperate Need Of Help!!!

Hey Hunny
    Awww take a big deep breath.
    Right-----you are going to be just fine. I feel sure it is anxiety---all the symptoms are things that I have had over the years(since I was nearly as young as you---22 to be exact and I am 44 now and still here!!!).I too have a lump behind my right ear. I have had this since i was a kid.My mam used to say it was filled with wax but I now know it is lymph node and it has been raised since i was about 8 and I am still ok!!!!!
    I have also had frequent headaches---not so much now but when i was younger. I would wake most days with a bad head. My daughter has also suffered with this(she is 25 and started with them in her teens!).
    I have actually had palpitations this weekend and the feeling sick is another sign of anxiety.
    If you arent happy about being on anti depressants, cos they dont suit everybody, I would go back to see your GP and tell him. You can always see another doctor at the same practice.
    I do understand how worried you are but if you can try and think you are not ill but do suffer anxiety you will start to feel better. Try drinking plenty of water as this will help with the headaches, get plenty of sleep, and take some exercise each day.
    Let me know how you get on xxxx

hi
    i am no way qualified to give advice but please take a deep breth and calm down!

The headaches are proberbly due to stress! If they dont get better then tell your doctor. there proberbly due to hormones i used to get terrible headaches! sorry if this doesnt help but if you need to talk

hey i am the same as you - have been for 4 years now and im ok, getting better then i have a few bad weeks but then better again - its sounds like anxiety to me too, my anti deps really help me. im 26 now and as you learn more about why you feel the way you do u learn how to deal with it all. sometimes its easy but sometimes its hard, but you will get through it hunni, i promise x

Thanks for all your advice! Really, i really appreciate it, i didn't think anyone would reply, it's even a relief that someone replied because i ramble on alot.

He prescribed them, but i didn't take them. The side effects really scared me! (heart attack, stroke, headaches, nausea). And i didn't want to get addicted.

Yeah. Some days i go through the day fine and ignore my headaches, some days when i have nothing to do, i worry. I live with my grandma who has several health conditions such as angina, asthma, many things i can't spell, which doesn't help.

It's more upsetting because none of my friends worry about anything (other than boyfriend troubles) and i don't have anybody to talk to.

you can always talk to me or anyone on here - i understand

Thanks, it doesn't help that i've got a cold does it lol, makes headaches worse!

Is there any other young ones on here?

Hi

Lumps behind the ears are very common (in fact I thought everyone had them) and nothing to worry about. Your anxiety is just making you feel worse. Try to focus on more positive aspects and you will soon feel better.
    Last edited by Utility; 23-12-08 at 00:25. Reason: Spelling error

hi and welcome.... we are all in the same boat and you are not alone! although i'm 29 now, i remember having bouts with health anxiety as young as 15.

i think the first step in feeling better is talking to your doctor again. i know it's scary, but you need to express your symptoms and fears to him/her. if you don't feel he/she is taking you seriously, then maybe you should find another doctor. you might be experiencing migraines and those are controllable and you don't have to suffer with them. ask for your doctor to do a full physical, including blood work. again, scary, but this will help put your mind at ease.

having said that, anxiety and stress can make even the healthiest person feel like complete crap! the physical symptoms of anxiety include heart palpitations, sweating, trembling/shaking, shortness of breath, difficulty swallowing, nausea/vomiting, dizziness/lightheadedness, headaches... the list goes on and on. and you said it yourself, when you're distracted, you are able to ignore your headaches. if something was terribly wrong, you would not be able to ignore your symptoms.

it is awful to live with the daily battle of health anxiety. others simply don't understand and when we try to express your feelings, we are blown off. it makes us feel very alone. but the truth is, YOU ARE NOT ALONE! we are all in this together and you can talk to us whenever you need to.

YOU ARE FINE! please try to relax and enjoy the holidays!

Thread Information