Thread: Antobiotic reaction??

Antobiotic reaction??

Has anyone ever had a reaction to an antibiotic that included light-headedness? I started Trimethoprim last Wednesday morning for a suspected sinus infection and within a few hours I was hit by a wave of dizziness. I finish them tonight, but I have been experiencing recurring light-headedness most days since last Wednesday. Is this other people's experience too? I've had antibiotics before without any reaction.

Re: Antobiotic reaction??

hi helen - i think if you were allergic you would have had a rash or swelling or hives - im no expert but it sound slike its the symptom of sinus as that can cause dizzyness or it could be a side effect from the tablet but a side effect doesnt mean you are allergic
    lots of love xx

Hiya, i took those antibiotics for a uti during the summer and suffered really really bad dizzines with them, i didnt put the 2 together and it scared the hell out of me.

It was only when my nanny was talking bout being on them and feeling really dizzy i realized it was the tablets that had brought mine on. I came off them after talking to the doc but i think she only took me off them cause the dizziness was so unpleasant, and the dizziness stayed with me for quite a while after but once i just came to terms with the fact it was the tablets i didnt panic.

My doc actually said those antibiotics dont agree with many ppl. Hope u feel better soon xxxx

bab - thank you for the reply. I was thinking more side effect than allergic reaction

katr Thank you so much for the reply! I was hoping to find that others had suffered this same effect. Talk about relief. You've saved me from some anxiety over Christmas.

No probs Helen, i am genuinely happy u feel better after knowing its happened to others, tis not nice all this worryin about ourselves xxxx

Hi Helen,
    I hope you feel better xxx

Thread Information