Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: someone please help me, lymph nodes

someone please help me, lymph nodes

Hello everyone,

I am new here – and I have been plagued with lymphoma fears for almost 10 years now.

It all started when I found my first enlarged gland in my neck under my jaw – I was about 17
    From then I got an ultrasound, ENT appointment, oncologist appointment and so far the outcome as been don’t be concerned this is nothing….

During this time I had some pea size nodes I could feel on the opposite side of y neck mid way down which I never really worried about oddly enough…they were always soo small….and the oncologist felt them and didn’t seem concerned at all.

So now fast forward about 8 years later to now….
    I don’t know it its just me but I feel like the pea size nodes on my neck have gotten larger…L
    They are moveable sorta firm sorta squishy and im terrified about them! Just terrified.

I had a physical last week and got my doctor to feel them and she said it was nothing again – and im here on the internet reading about sooo many doctors that say that and then finally something is found…

Someone please help me – should I go to a clinic at lunch today to get another opinion…

I don’t sleep, I cry and this is created a horrible mess between my new fiancé and I L

Re: someone please help me, lymph nodes

I should get as many opinions as you can to set your mind at rest,that's what they are there for to reassure you,try as many ways as you can find and i hope you are feeling much better soon.

I have the exact same thing .
    I have 1 under my jaw and ear, on both sides of my neck.
    They are there to fight infection, mine enlarge when i'm ill or stressed.
    You're stressing over them which is making them get bigger! Stop it.
    Mine have been there for years, some people have enlarged glands (which is what mine are) some have small ones that you can barely feel, ever.
    It's just your glands, i used to be so worried about them too. But i had a blood test, and get them felt by my doctor every 3/4 months. Mine are totally fine.

And if they've been there that long, you would of DEFINATLY have noticed other signs of Lymphoma by now, and they'd be bigger than your eye balls by now
    Last edited by laineylouise; 23-12-08 at 16:02. Reason: Missed something out

hi,
    my little boy has pea sized nodes in his neck he has had them since he was a baby, he is now 11. he was checked out with blood tests etc and he is fine. my partner has them in his neck too.please try not too worry

thanks guys for your support - this HA is really hard to fight sometimes - im going to go to my clinic at lunch time i think i need a bit of reassurance from a doctor

the thing that scares me the most is they have not been there for my whole life :(

Neither have mine, they just appear about 2 years ago lol.

(When i started getting HA, link there?)

Reassurance from a doctor is the best thing you can get.

where are your's located and how large?

Sometimes when im feeling there i find like 4 in the same area - and automatically i think oh god its a cluster of "C" nodes :(

Quote Originally Posted by penniepie View Post
    where are your's located and how large?

Sometimes when im feeling there i find like 4 in the same area - and automatically i think oh god its a cluster of "C" nodes :(

He are some drawings of your lymph nodes, please don't worry about them.

http://www.jdaross.cwc.net/nodes.htm

thats very interesting i didnt know we had so many....i can only feel ones enlarged on one side though

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information