Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Day of Doom - Return to the Dentist II

Day of Doom - Return to the Dentist II

What possesses anybody to be a dentist???? Or a gynaecologist for that matter? They are both very strange professions and i'm sure they must have some sort of pathalogical disorder.

Today I have to return to the dentist and I am really cross, cos I am reasonably anxious. And it started last night. And I don't feel too good. What is it about dentists? I didn't feel this bad when I went for my biopsy.

Last time I went for a check up he noticed that my already filled wisdom tooth had started to “leak” or something, and that some of the remaining “healthy” tooth had got some decay.

How does this happen? I clean my teeth at least twice, if not three times a day, I don’t eat sweets, well not everyday anyway. I’ve got some of that glittery two tone mouth wash that tastes of cloves. I love my teeth and hate the dentist, but still they do this to me.

Anyway, I am maybe a little justified about being anxious. When I originally had the tooth filled, it took over an hour. It was not pleasant to say the least. Since then my dentist (Fred) has retired and we have a nice young man (as my gran would say), who is terribly patient and very kind when I come in going I’m going to be sick. I need the toilet. Fill me now. (Written down that doesn’t sound very good. Maybe I should look at rephrasing that)

Anyway he is really nice, but keeps insisting that I might need an injection. So far he has done three lots of replacement fillings (nobody told me when I first started having them that you had to keep having them replaced. I thought a filling was for life, not just for Christmas). I haven’t had an injection for any and I’ve been fine (I hate needles. I hate injections. I hate waiting. In the ten minutes that it takes for an injection to kick in, he could have drilled out whatever he does and started filling the hole.)

However, having looked in the mirror today, I think I may just have to have one. It is very near the gum, and even I can see that this is not going to be comfortable without some pain relief. And if I flinch at a twinge, well that’s just going to be good by gum in a ****** mess isn’t, unless he is very quick at taking the drill away. And you are talking to the girl who decided to move her tongue across her mouth during her last filling, and wondered why her tongue bled.

I didn’t realise how bad it was actually. Since he told me he needed to do some work on it, I have avoided looking at that tooth in the mirror. I don’t know why. Probably some bizarre mentalist reasoning that if I don’t look it will get better / go away all together.

Anyway, I busied myself last night at work catching up with four weeks of book keeping, enough to send even the most wired person to sleep, I had no beer, but two hot chocolates instead. I went to bed listening to Megs relaxation CD and doing reikei on myself. I still managed to keep waking up, but I just kept putting the relaxation CD on. I think that I might take it with me today. Is there any reason why you can’t listen to a CD Walkman whilst having work done on a tooth? I’ve only go little ear phones that go in your ear? Hhmm

I have a campaign of action, which is to eat as much as I can manage this morning, as I know from experience I won’t be able to eat later, and will then be feeling ill cos I’m hungry, and I won’t be able to eat afterwards anyway.

I’m going to work, and have spent ten minute preparing my arsenal of survival gear - Bach flower remedy, charcoal tablets, peppermint tablets, lavender pulse point aromatherapy perfume, ditto for positivity and bravery, nut mixture, water, Walkman, extra batteries, CD, tissues, and just in case codine phosphate and propranol, some mints, and my JFDI t-shirt.

I have also decided that I am going to walk straight into the dentist, explain that I am really not looking forward to the filling, that I do not really want him to explain what he is going to do and why. Instead I would like to get on the chair thing, do NOT want my head lower than my feet, and would like him to inject the area he thinks will need an anaest

Can someone please tell me what JFDI stands for. Thankyou

Lottie

I really feel for you with the dentist thing.

Its funny I've been going to them for every six months since I was two, never missed an appointment but gosh if you could see me the morning before I am an absolute state. I have to take my hubby with me each time.

What is it that we are so scared about with them.

Good luck and will be thinking of you

Lots of big hugs for you just before you go

Mandie

MANDIE XX

Good luck chic will be thinkin of you at 3pm. Your not the only one who doesn't like the Dentist, Mine is either suckin on a mint impereal or smells of coffee ( i hate the smell of coffee)

Best of luck chic.

Kitty xux

Oh good luck honey

Let is know how you get on.

Mandie, JFDI is Meg's phrase of "Just f*****g Do It". So can see why Charlie might be a bit worried about wearing the t-shirt!

Jules

Just a quickie cos I am at work and boss can't see PC screen for the moment

Hope it all goes well for you Charlie and it is not too painful!

I hate the injections too so I can understand that!

Big Hug and lots of PMA coming your way[:P]

Nicola

"Nearly all happiness comes into our lives through doors we don't even remember leaving open"

Hi Charlie,
    hope all was ok. by the time you read this, it will be over and done with, and you will be starving! let us know how things went.... i have to be honest charlie, whenever i see any of your posts, i get myself comfy, make a cup of tea and read on..... take care mate. xxxxx

Hope it goes well Charlie - let us know!!

"Life is too important to take seriously" Corky Siegal

I'm 9 minutes late ..but will add my positive vibes into the pot !!

The anaethetic may be kicking in round about now so hope you're doing ok ..

Love

Meg

Hi Lottie

i hope it went well, i hate dentists too, though not as bad as i used to be,
    thats it over for another 6 months LOL

hope your not to numb[xx(]

take care

kairen x

Hi Charlie

I didn't read this early enough to add my best wishes, but it should all be over and done with by now.

I don't know what it is about dentists that fill us with such dread. I had to go for the first part of work on a filling on Monday and was so anxious beforehand. I've just changed to a nice lady dentist who noticed the look of fear on my face and told me not to worry!

Did you listen to your walkman in the dentist? I've done that before and one dentist actually suggested it as a way to help me feel calmer while the drilling was going on.

Hope you are feeling OK this evening.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information