Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is anyone else anxious ALL of the time?

Glad you're feeling better today Gareth,

It is a really crippling time when there is just no let up and you think as you feel bad still there are no chinks, but being able to control the physical symptoms as you did is actually a large chink..

Meg
    www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
    Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

hi im sorry to hear your not so good just now.when i first started having panic attacks which was three years ago now, for the first few months it was so bad, i kept totally freaking out thinking there was something realy wrong with me, but since then its nothing like that anymore and i think its because our body learns to accept it and deal with it better. it will get better and you know deep down that a panic attack cant hurt you in anyway. hope this helps.x.

dmcgovern

Hi Gareth,

I too suffer with almost constant anxiety which sometimes progresses into a full blown panic attack.

It is very, very draining to constantly be "on edge" and never be able to switch off and totally relax.

Hope today is a good one for you.

Love Kate x

Hi Gareth,

Sorry to hear your having a nightmare right now. If it's any consolation to you, I myself not been having a very good week. I have found out, although I have relatively quickly managed to control my panic attacks ( i haven't had one since a long time now like 3 weeks I think), I have not been able to get rid of the anxiety feelings in my stomach, my chest, my belly etc lol. It's very unpleasant as as mico very correctly said, it's very difficult for the body to relax then.

One thing I can suggest is maybe try to up the exercise a bit, to make you tired when bedtime arrives so your body feels tired and can relax finally. Also, you can have a nice sleep then. Other than that, just keep with it as I'm sure the more you train yourself to ignore it, the quicker it will go.

The body is a strange thing. It's a bit like a computer if you asked me. Sometimes, for no apparent reason, something goes wrong. Then you have to search a lot to know what went wrong. Then install/uninstall (train, retrain) the appropriate stuff, and then finally things start working properly again

These days I've taken a fancy with hyperventilating for no reason ...i tell you it's a real pain lol...but I try not to think about it too much and also, to practice 7/11 breathing which I just learnt last night as a matter of fact, and it worked.

Anyway, if you wanna chat, drop me a PM

Take care,

Sam.

One day, one day I will beat u and that day, I will be free again, as I was before...

Sa,

You have done very well to master panic quickly and the residual symptoms wil also pass.

Blips happen but you learn from them.

Meg

Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

Hi Gareth

I was exactly the same as you. Going through life really happy. Had pretty much everything, nothing in my life to get me down. I was fit and healthy, used to go abroad twice a year. Had nice house, good job and good friends. Then one day something snapped in my mind. It was like I'd been pushed into a deep dark well and everything I'd enjoyed was out of reach at the top of it.

I too felt constantly anxious from the minute I woke up until the minute I went to sleep. I kept trying to do things that I know I enjoyed in the hope it would snap me out of it but nothing worked which made me even more distressed about it. I found it a huge struggle to carry on with normal life. I questioned it every minute of the day. Thinking how can I be happy and fit and healthy one minute then like a frightened, depressed quivering wreck the next.

I had panic attacks but I actually thought the anxiety was worse than those. I never had any physical symptoms but mine was all in the head too. Thinking I was cracking up and that I would be dragged off to some mental institution if I didn't pull myself together.

I started taking meds and eventually they helped and I managed to get back on track. It took a while and I had to be very patient but I gradually emerged from it. I was well for a couple of years after and came off the meds. But then I had a lot of stressful events in my life last year. None of them bad but just a build up over time. I knew I was heading for it again, I started with tension headaches and then I could feel that black cloud creeping back again. But this time I was prepared. I got straight to the doctors and went back on the meds. I know they are not the answer but they give you chance to get back on track. They take away the anxiety so that you can start getting yourself feeling better again.

I've started back at the gym and I eat healthily. I take supplements and I relax etc. It's been a struggle but knowing that I have beat it before gives me the strength to feel positive that I will beat it again. I'm still uneasy about going abroad but I managed it earlier this year.

Anyway, sorry for waffling on but just wanted to let you know that you are not alone in how you are feeling and that there is light at the end of the tunnel. Stick with it and keep up with everything you are doing.

This website is fantastic and has helped me no end so don't be afraid to ask anybody anything.

Take care

Emma x

I'm new to this site but it seems that Gareth has saved me a job when it comes to explaining how I feel. What you said was EXACTLY how I feel myself. The hyper-awareness of your surroundings, the general feeling of anxiety that rarely culminates in a full-blown panic attack...I think you did a very good job of describing how a lot of people on here feel. Until I read your post, Gareth, I had convinced myself that I was on the cusp of falling into some psychotic disorder! It has been a massive help to me to see that someone feels the same as I do.

*I think, therefore I am.*

Welcome to the site - glad you've found something to help you so quickly..

Gareth liked this one that was written recently

The Battle that Rages in my Head

Meg

Hi Exist

Welcome aboard. Glad you can relate to Gareth's post and it helped you.

Nicola

"Nearly all happiness comes into our lives through doors we don't even remember leaving open"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information