I have panic attacks and i get very anxious in between - extremely anxious, like i can't breathe properly and perpetually feel like i'm waiting for a job interview!
I don't have a very sympathetic doctor, he put me on citalopram 10mg then after 4 weeks increased to 20mg which he said he would do anyway...when i'm talking it's like he's not listening, when i initially went to see him, i had determined for myself that what i was suffering with were panic attacks but my doctor gives me nothing else, i assume that what i have is panic disorder - im terrified of my next panic attack. The medication has taken care of the panic attacks, i haven't had any recently, but it's doing nothing for the anxiety i have every day, i feel that i should increase my dose but my doctor isn't budging. As my doctor is really unhelpful i'm wondering do i have anxiety disorder aswell as panic disorder, or do i have anxiety disorder with panic attacks??
I'm really feeling quite helpless as my doctor is so unhlpful and doesn't give anything away. My husband is wonderful and looks after me when i'm "not well" as he puts it, but i feel awful as it's affecting my ability to function normally and worried he is going to get fed up of lookng after me...anyone else have a useless doctor and have any advice??