Thread: Ear problems/hayfever?

Ear problems/hayfever?

Hi

I was just wondering if anyone who gets hayfever has problems with their ears and throat.

My nose isn't really blocked but for well over the last month, my ears have been feeling blocked and my throat is sore. It's not like it all of the time but seems to ease and then get worse again.

This week its been really bad and my ears feel like someone is shoving their fingers down into them. It's actually quite painful. The left side of my throat is worse too and when I swallow it feels like the very back of my throat has lump in it. The worst bit though is that it's making me feel very off balance and giddy. And it's different to the normal sort of giddiness I get. It's worse if I move quickly.

I'm so busy at work that I haven't been to the dr's but am wondering if I ought to find the time to go. It also gives me a pressure feeling in my forehead and top of my head sometimes.

Thanks for anyone's advice
    Jules

Jules

Hi Jules

Everything you said i had a month ago with my hayfever, the giddiness really scared me i also got a bad cough and funny blurry eyes (TOTAL PANIC) its much better now, except for my eyes .My friend also phoned me she also had all the symptoms you mentioned, she had never had hayfever before

Hope that helps

Barb x

Hi,
    I get hayfever too and have all your symptoms. I don't usually get ear and throat problems with it but have this year.
    Take care,
    LJ

Jules

My ears are blocked too - I keep having to pop them! Thought it was just me lol.

Guess it is the hayfever then!

Nicola

"Nearly all happiness comes into our lives through doors we don't even remember leaving open"

I was wondering if my symptoms were hayfever ones too.. I have been experiencing a tingling nose, pain and pressure in nose, feeling of lump in throat, sore roof of mouth, blocked right ear, stuffy nose which comes and goes, dizziness, horrible sour bitter taste in my mouth and general pressure in my head...

My husband is a really bad hayfever sufferer but he just sneezes all day and has really itchy eyes, thats why I have never considered any other symptoms for hayfever.

What do you guys think?

sadie

Hi Jules,

I had a similar problem with my ears in May and went to see the doc. Turns out it was just too much hard wax and pollen doesn't affect the ears. I got some drops and now it my ears don't feel heavy anymore.

Hope that's of some use,
    Dan.

my doc told me to get Beconase nasal spray.

I find that helps a great deal

Love, light and Best wishes
    Liz xxx
    With hard work and determination and all the things you know.
    The world is there for you to take. There's nowhere you can't go.

[]Scatty Eccentric & 'Poet Laureate to panic and anxiety'

Just a small warning and Meg may correct me on this .... but ... I don't think you should use beconase nasal spray continuously throughout the year as it can cause problems with the sinuses. I only say this as a guy I worked with had problems and they said his continuous use of that spray probably caused it. It may be rubbish but I am just passing on the info.

I used to use it and it did help but I stopped using it after he told me that.

Nicola

"Nearly all happiness comes into our lives through doors we don't even remember leaving open"

I definately get more anxiety when I suffer hayfever or colds. I put this down to blocked sinuses and stuffy nose, which affects my breathing pattern and causes a lot more hyperventilation.

Its funny, I only started suffering hayfever at the age of about 20 and it was always really bad e.g. streaming nose, itching mouth eyes and throat etc. This year has been really mild so far. My sinuses seemed to be stuffy rather than streaming, I've had a few sneezing fits and I don't seem to have had much itching....not complaining though

Hi there,

I always get a really bunged up feeling in my ears, and had thought that this was a symptom of the anxiety.

It has definitely been worse over the past month or so though, and has been accompanied by a sore throat - feels like something sharp is trapped in my throat when I swallow.

I also get a very itchy nose.

I don't get runny eyes or bunged up nose or anything like that, so its really hard to say if these things are anxiety or hay fever...

Gareth

*** I think, therefore I'm anxious ***

Thread Information