Thread: First date in years

First date in years

Hi all , im going on my first date in years on thursday and im so petrified i have'nt slept in days and doubt i will , i suffer from servere social aniexty and have done for over 5 years but trouble is i know a date should be something really fun and enjoyable but im dreading it so much its making me ill , im scared that i'll just go completley silent with her and end up screwing things up and its not like i get offers everyday in fact this is the first really and i fear if i dont do this im gonna be alone for ever , im sorry i just had to get this out there and was wondering if anybody had any tips they use in the same situation

Re: First date in years

wow a date ,you should be proud of yourself,any normal person would fret about a first date ,this is a real success,remember that this is an opportunity,to move forward,i bet your date is just as anxious as you just go for it and enjoy,good luck.........martin

good ya

just take it easy

everyone is a bit up-tight on a first date, so just explain....They will feel the same...

Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by sbt25 View Post
    Hi all , im going on my first date in years on thursday and im so petrified i have'nt slept in days and doubt i will , i suffer from servere social aniexty and have done for over 5 years but trouble is i know a date should be something really fun and enjoyable but im dreading it so much its making me ill , im scared that i'll just go completley silent with her and end up screwing things up and its not like i get offers everyday in fact this is the first really and i fear if i dont do this im gonna be alone for ever , im sorry i just had to get this out there and was wondering if anybody had any tips they use in the same situation
    This is the struggle we face, not the actual Anxiety and panic attacks themselves, but doing thing's that would be considered pleasant are a nightmare. Many times I've had to do thing's like go to parties even though i really didn't want to, and afterwards, i'm always really happy that I did it.

Everyone is nervous on first dates hun, you'll be fine I promise. All you can do is be yourself, let the worries go about how it might turn out and just have fun. It will all be ok Best of luck from me xx

i wish you a real good luck

and i know it's hard for us not to be worried .. we are worried about everything even when there is nothing to feel worry about .. you just continue feeling worried about why there is nothing to feel worried about

just be yourself and prepare yourself emotionally for the meeting .. and of course tell us what's gonna happen

Well done on getting this far!

I know it must be very difficult for you, but nothing ventured, nothing gained! Have you got some Rescue Remedy to take before you go? I am sure your date will also be anxious too. Try to meet in a place you feel the most comfortable.

Take care and let us know how it goes

Hi , i just wanted to thank you all for your kind words , The date went very well and were meeting up again next week

Hi

Just go on the date and be yourself, enjoy it. Good luck

Carol

Thread Information