Thread: Stupid Questions you are afraid to ask!

Stupid Questions you are afraid to ask!

Hi. I've got a few questions that have been bothering me and I thought I'd create this thread if anyone has similar small questions that don't warrent a full post or a visit to the GP to get an answer...

Question 1 :

I'm just wondering if I'm right in thinking that if I have a headache (for example forehead), and I feel pain there when I rub the area with my fingers that its a 'tension' headache? It seems to be the logical answer after all - I'm rubbing the muscles that are tense, which in turn ache.

Question 2 :

Sometimes when I'm anxious, I get pretty much instantly nauseous (within a minute). This can't be trapped wind (hey there tonic water), so does anyone know the medical reason? For example, in the past (pre anxiety) I've heard some unexpected news or realised something perticulary terrible and I've been on my knees in the bathroom within a couple of minutes...

Question 3 :

Why does my neck feel/sound like gravel sometimes when I move it from side to side. I noticed this for the first time 2 weeks ago, a few hours after getting a good massage. I doubt I have athritis at 24, so it can't be for the same reason my father gets it! It doesn't happen all the time, so there must be some physical variable that causes it...

Google could answer these stupid questions, but we all know what symptom hunting can do to us! [xx(]

Question 1 :
    We instinctively guard or rub places that hurt with our hands - mums do it to soothe children and adults do too. Humans mostly like the touch sensation - it feels good and indeed does relieve aches

Question 2 :
    Pure adrenalin rush can cause this

Q3
    If you'd just had a massage it may have released some tension in the form of minute calcified particles or by products of the cartiledge between the vertebrae which will sound like gravel. Mine also comes and goes.

Meg
    www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
    Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

in response to your second question about feeling sick:
    about 18 months ago i had a series of stomach bugs that made me throw up all of the time, i lost a couple of stone in the space of 8 weeks! After the bugs had passed i realised that i was still being sick, and it was a response to panic rather than being ill. I wasnt having usual panic attacks where i felt dizzy and breathless, the panic made me throw up instead. I got used to it and in the end it didnt bother me, it just seemed that my body had got stuck on the symptom of throwing up and once i got used to it i actually found it easier than having a full blown panic attack! I'd go out for a night out and throw up before i left and a couple of times while i was out too. In the end it gradually happened less and less, and doesnt happen at all now, but i often found that when i was upset i would be physically sick, i saw my boyfriend kissing someone else and promptly ran off to the loo to be sick. I think panic can jsut manifest itself in different ways, afterwards i went back to having the usual panic attacks and they dont make me throw up any more, although i can still feel nauseous.

there must be a biological explanation for it, and you may find that that particular symptom goes away like it did for me, i hope so! Good luck!

<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">there must be a biological explanation for it, and you may find that that particular symptom goes away like it did for me, i hope so! Good luck!</td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">
    I actually did feel naseous for an entire week following a visit to the GP. I remember that I forgot to tell him about my dizzy spells and bam! nausea. That was about a month and a half ago, and I haven't felt nauseous for more than a couple of minutes since! Like you, I imagine my body got temporaryly 'stuck' in nausea mode or something.

Another symptom I've recently developed is that my neck 'twitches', especially in the evening or in bed. Its almost a mini spasm, causing my whole head to 'twitch' to one side or something. Neck tension?

Thread Information