Thread: Toilet question...sorry guys

Toilet question...sorry guys

Me again,

I was just wondering if anyone gets pain almost cramping and pressure in their tummy really low down just before they have to go to the toilet for a poo ( TMI) .
    This passes really quickly as soon as ive been, and also doesnt happen every single time and evrything else is fine still going every 1 to 2 days which is normal for me, also had a bit bright red blood on paper but i know this is prob pile as ive had them before.
    Just would like a bit of advice before i go screaming to the doctor once again convinced its something sinister and after mum having bowel cancer just kind of scared xx

Re: Toilet question...sorry guys

Hi there
    I'm sure that the little pain you are getting is normal - perhaps a touch of IBS. I get it and don't worry about that. (Probably one of the few things I don't worry about

bead

Hi. I actually came here because one of the things I'm worried about is my colon.

From the (enooooormous) amount of stuff I've read about it over the past two, delightful (not!) years of my obsession, I would say that you probably don't have anything to worry about, but that you should see a doctor about the blood, given that you have a family history. The chances of you actually having something bad at your age are (according to Cancer Research UK) about 1 in 50,000. (If you're anything like me, for whom the risk is about 1 in 40,000, this will sound like a really high, almost unavoidable risk - but believe me, I am perfectly rational about other people's problems, it is a VERY LOW risk!) But if there is a problem, it will be much easier to deal with sooner than later.

To add to the reassurance, I had fresh blood in the bowl a couple of times and it turned out to be a fissure. If you had a hard stool, that might explain both the pain and the blood - the strain on a hard stool can easily tear the tissue and cause a bit of bleeding. But any bleeding should be investigated. Think how wonderful that 'all clear' will feel!!!

Hi Kitty

I think that what you are experiencing is quite normal and as for the bleeding you are probably right about it being piles.

If you are overly concerned, pop in to see your gp for assurance.

Take care xxxx

Quote Originally Posted by kittykat View Post
    Me again,

I was just wondering if anyone gets pain almost cramping and pressure in their tummy really low down just before they have to go to the toilet for a poo ( TMI) .
    This passes really quickly as soon as ive been, and also doesnt happen every single time and evrything else is fine still going every 1 to 2 days which is normal for me, also had a bit bright red blood on paper but i know this is prob pile as ive had them before.
    Just would like a bit of advice before i go screaming to the doctor once again convinced its something sinister and after mum having bowel cancer just kind of scared xx
    Hi, I have the exact same thing. I just have always put it down to small spasms and cramps. My sil has it too - I would say nothing to worry about at all. I can understand why you are scared though, If it really worries you then pop along to your gp just for the reassurance.

Take care

Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

Thread Information